Suggestions for Dinner in Athens (Plaka)?

juanarcin

I've bene to Athens a few times as a port stop, but will be beginning my next cruise from there. I have a few nights there before the cruise and am looking for dinner suggestions. I remember on a different thread here someone mentioned a rooftop restaurant that had a wonderful view of the Acropolis. Does anyone know which one? I know there's probably quite a few but this one seemed popular with the CC folks.

I would ideally like something not too touristy, but with a great ambience, view, or something that make sit unique. I'll be staying in Plaka which I know is sort of the heart of touristy, but I'm sure there's a few gems in there that aren't catering to tourist only. Any ideas?

I've bene to Athens a few times as a port stop, but will be beginning my next cruise from there. I have a few nights there before the cruise and am looking for dinner suggestions. I remember on a different thread here someone mentioned a rooftop restaurant that had a wonderful view of the Acropolis. Does anyone know which one? I know there's probably quite a few but this one seemed popular with the CC folks.

I would ideally like something not too touristy, but with a great ambience, view, or something that make sit unique. I'll be staying in Plaka which I know is sort of the heart of touristy, but I'm sure there's a few gems in there that aren't catering to tourist only. Any ideas?

Following this with interest as we are overnight in port, we had planned on doing something similar with a view of the Acropolis

Deb

The only place that comes to mind and a few of us have written about before is Daphne's just on the edge of the Plaka. When we stayed in Athens we found it to be a great place to eat and a mix of locals and tourists.You can Google it for the menu and more info.I found some of the other restos in the Plaka to be very good as well,but more casual...a few I found I didn't think over touristy,but that is me.If you go ENJOY!!

I've tried several different restaurants in the Plaka for dinner and most are touristy. It's just the area. There is one restaurant I really like for the excellent food, but the restaurant has no views.

If you really want an all-out enjoyable experience, treat yourself to dinner (or at least a pre-dinner drink) at the top of the Grande Bretagne hotel. It's touristy, of course, but also one of those things worth experiencing.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally the best dining and view in Athens is actually at a place called Mikrilimano, which is on the other side of the hill at the port of Piraeus.

Just magical at sunset and at night overlooking the yachts of the rich and famous with waterfront dining. Many great restaurants along the waterfront. We like Zorbas and also a joint with a blue and white nautical theme .

To get to Mikrilimano from Piraeus cruise port take a taxi 5 minutes . From Central Athens Metro train to the terminal station at Piraeus then taxi 5 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Could you tel me approx how much a good meal costs at either of these locations? I just wanted a rough number for budget purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app