Questions about "Like" package

Aloblady

We are thinking of adding the Like package to our upcoming cruise. Need two answers. 1) $400/cabin OBC for Land Discoveries means we have to cancel the excursions we've paid for and rebook on board? 2) If my husband wants to upgrade to the Top Shelf package he has to pay an additional $18.95 per day, not just the $3/day difference between the included drink upgrade and the Top Shelf level? Are these both true? Thanks.

Hello aloblady,

Yes, both statements are true.

But if it's any consolation, $400 towards Land Discoveries will pay for what...maybe two tours for two? (Tours tend to average around $100 pp.) My point is if you have some tours already reserved you can either add another to them or wait until you're onboard and see which of those you have booked already are not sold out. Then cancel the one (or two) which still have space and rebook using your credit. (Do not CX those with a wait list because by rights you'll go to the bottom of the list. Though often if there's enough of a wait list the tour office will get another bus.) It is complicated I acknowledge.

Bonnie,

You suggest cancelling the pre booked tours and rebook using the OBC, we tried to do this on Journey in January / February this year having been given some last minute OBC. However we were told by Land Discoveries that they had strict orders from Miami that this was not allowed, has this changed with the introduction of the packages? Maybe you could clarify as there are a number of threads on the same subject now.

I am also very interested in the reply as we were advised by Azamara only last month that if we wished to book an additional package as an add on we could only cancel pre booked tours before boarding with the risk of the tour we wanted being sold out once on board. It was made clear to us we could not cancel and rebook once on board.

Bonnie,

You suggest cancelling the pre booked tours and rebook using the OBC, we tried to do this on Journey in January / February this year having been given some last minute OBC. However we were told by Land Discoveries that they had strict orders from Miami that this was not allowed, has this changed with the introduction of the packages? Maybe you could clarify as there are a number of threads on the same subject now.

I have asked for clarification on this.

Hello aloblady,

But if it's any consolation, $400 towards Land Discoveries will pay for what...maybe two tours for two? (Tours tend to average around $100 pp.) My point is if you have some tours already reserved you can either add another to them or wait until you're onboard and see which of those you have booked already are not sold out. Then cancel the one (or two) which still have space and rebook using your credit. (Do not CX those with a wait list because by rights you'll go to the bottom of the list. Though often if there's enough of a wait list the tour office will get another bus.) It is complicated I acknowledge.

I'm a little disappointed that I spent $700 on the Like package but if I want to get a different beverage package, I basically have to pay for it all over again rather than just the difference in the package purchased with the Like package and the other ones. It really negates the value of the Like package.

Hello aloblady,

I appreciate your response although I had hoped for a different answer. The site says that you can't reserve Land Discoveries on the website within 10 days of sailing so hopefully, if I cancel some of our tours just before boarding, I'll be able to rebook on board. We'll see. Doesn't seem quite fair that these packages were introduced after I had booked my tours and we aren't 'grandfathered' in.

Did this change? When I called and asked reservations staff about this' date=' I was told no, that it could only be purchased in advance.[/quote']

Hi cruisin'friends,

We have a sales special on select voyages currently running called More to Love. It expires at the end of March. This deal must be added when you make a new booking, and not bought onboard. Click into the link and you'll see the details.

But the confusion most like arises because we have a new category of onboard packages also called More to Love packages.

These packages are available on-board and yes you can use OBC to buy or offset the cost of them. (Again, click into the link and you'll see there is a difference in terms and prices.)

Hi cruisin'friends,

We have a sales special on select voyages currently running called More to Love. It expires at the end of March. This deal must be added when you make a new booking, and not bought onboard. Click into the link and you'll see the details.

But the confusion most like arises because we have a new category of onboard packages also called More to Love packages.

These packages are available on-board and yes you can use OBC to buy or offset the cost of them. (Again, click into the link and you'll see there is a difference in terms and prices.)

Thanks for the explanation. I had called and asked about adding the Like package and was first told it needed to be a new booking and I asked just about purchasing the package. I was told no, I couldn't. A couple days later I tried again and was told it must be purchased in advance so I did so on the call. I'll probably have no issue spending all the onboard credit so not worried too much, just good to know for the future.

Bonnie I'm still confused re your earlier post. Are you saying we can cancel a pre booked tour when on board and then re book it using the OBC provided with the more to love package using the land discoveries credit?

Edited by sunlover33

Thanks for the explanation. I had called and asked about adding the Like package and was first told it needed to be a new booking and I asked just about purchasing the package. I was told no' date=' I couldn't. A couple days later I tried again and was told it must be purchased in advance so I did so on the call. I'll probably have no issue spending all the onboard credit so not worried too much, just good to know for the future.[/quote']

When I spoke to Azamara, and in the info they sent me, the OBC included in the package is only for buying Land Discoveries.

Bonnie I'm still confused re your earlier post. Are you saying we can cancel a pre booked tour when on board and then re book it using the OBC provided with the more to love package using the land discoveries credit?

Bonnie is there a definitive answer to this question please?

sunlover, it looks like you won't get that definitive answer. That is one of the main reasons that I looked at those packages and passed them up; if the OBC was something I could choose how to apply, I might have looked closer. But it seems they have to be used for a specific purpose, and especially with the excursions, become useless.

We will still enjoy our cruises, though, I am sure.

I'm a little disappointed that I spent $700 on the Like package but if I want to get a different beverage package' date=' I basically have to pay for it all over again rather than just the difference in the package purchased with the Like package and the other ones. It really negates the value of the Like package.[/quote']

Bonnie

Is this correct, we cannot upgrade the drinks package on board for the difference price but have to pay the full cost if we have the Like package?

So it is possible to buy the Adore or Love package if you have already booked?

Just looked at the website. The Adore package is $1300 if you wish to add to your booking.

The Adore package on the offer page is $600.

cruisin' friends - Which did you manage to purchase. Thanks

The way it was explained to me by an Azamara rep is that the original packages (with the complimentary Like package) are available for specific cruises only. The packages starting at $700 for the Like package can be purchased for any cruise. You also have to look at the current price compared to your original booking price to see if rebooking would be a savings.

Just looked at the website. The Adore package is $1300 if you wish to add to your booking.

The Adore package on the offer page is $600.

cruisin' friends - Which did you manage to purchase. Thanks

We purchased the Like package for $700.

The way it was explained to me by an Azamara rep is that the original packages (with the complimentary Like package) are available for specific cruises only. The packages starting at $700 for the Like package can be purchased for any cruise. You also have to look at the current price compared to your original booking price to see if rebooking would be a savings.

This is correct. The complimentary Like package was available on our sailing, but it was after final payment and we had $1000 OBC which we didn't want to lose.

Bonnie is there a definitive answer to this question please?

You will not like the 'definitive' answer...as of recently we are not allowing cancelling pre-booked tours aboard with the intention to re-book once onboard. But I will keep my ears open and if anything changes, I'll let you know.