B2B but one ends in Miami and next starts in FLL Help

SandyR5

I need to go in the opposite direction! We are on the Silhuette 12/4 in Ft Lauderdale and then on the Elipse 12/11 out of Miami! We didn't even realize it at the time of booking. Will look into some of the suggestions here.

• 3 weeks later...
Out of all the perks Celebrity has cut, this is the one we miss most.

They used to comp the transfers between ports if you did a B2B involving 2 different ports.

The last time we did this, they comped a private limo for us from the Port of Miami to the Port Everglades dock.

They used to do it even if you were transferring between a Celebrity cruise and a Royal Caribbean cruise.

RC is supposed to accommodate us with a free transfer from Ft Lauderdale at the conclusion of our 1st cruise to Miami where we board our 2nd cruise, same day. We're currently on the 1st cruise.

Our 1st cruise was RC; 2nd is Celebrity. I spoke with the host in the Diamond Lounge earlier in the week (we're Diamond level) and he made the arrangements. It will be a bus, not a limo, but it's comped.

I'll post here later if it doesn't work out.

They must have changed the car shuttle service regulations. In Nov. 2013 we took SAS from our FLL hotel to MIA port to board Divina. When we returned to MIA, they picked us up and took us to FLL airport. Their license would not permit them to pick up at MIA port and go to MIA airport, but they could take you to FLL. EM

This I believe is still true, we have done in past, we are taking SAS from FLL airport to Miami hotel and return from Port miami to FLL airport in 3 weeks

I was the one that started the thread a few weeks back. In 2017, we are on the Silhouette out of Port Everglades followed by the Eclipse out of the Port of Miami. We just got off the Eclipse a week ago today & I went to ask Guest Relations. Here is what I was told (no guarantee - different person, different answer :) ) - He said within the first few days of your first cruise, take your info (booking number & ship...) to Guest Relations. They will arrange a complimentary transfer. This was told to me on the Eclipse less than 2 weeks ago, unfortunately we are on the Silhouette first & no telling if they will say the same.

Maybe someone on the Silhouette can ask & we'll know. I believe the Silhouette/Eclipse is the only possibility for this issue because they are the only ones that depart & return on Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Our RC-supplied transfer worked as promised! Again, this was regarding a transfer from Ft Lauderdale where a RC cruise ended, to Miami where we began a same-day Celebrity cruise. The transfer was arranged for us by the concierge of the Diamond lounge.

After collecting our luggage and clearing customs, we asked around and found the RC employee / port supervisor of the pier staff out where the busses were loading. He's the guy at the podium looking over lists of passengers and bus assignments.

It didn't appear that he knew about our situation, but after flashing the business card that I picked up from the Crown & Anchor concierge, he immediately directed us toward the only bus at that time which was headed for Miami. We made two stops at Miami airport, one Miami hotel, then the port of Miami where the two of us were the last to leave the bus.

So it works, but I'd recommend getting out to the curb sooner than later - we were out there around 10:30 am as directed, and took 2 of the last 3 seats available. And bring something on paper which backs up their transfer offer. The business card worked, but it would have been better to have a short note on RC stationery.

Hi - Already booked again on Eclipse's 2 weeker next January. We want to cruise for 3 weeks so we found one on Silhouette that begins the same day we disembark Eclipse. Only kink in the plan, is that Eclipse docks in Miami and Silhouette docks in Fort Lauderdale. Anyone out there have something similar? :cool: How did you get from one port to the next? :rolleyes: Would love to hear your experiences. :)

I did precisely this - but the other way around - last November -

Arrived into Fort Lauderdale on Equinox - hailed a cab - met my daughter in Miami - and jumped on a Norwegian ship to the Bahamas from Miami -

Same day -

No problem and that was including time allowed for UK residents coming into USA immigration in FL.

We had a van pre booked - if I remember the name will let you know - there was three of us plus a lot of luggage. They told us to call them only once we got through the immigration - they were with us five minutes later

Think for us - including picking up my daughter in Miami - it was around $120

Bargain!

I would for sure pre book - so much easier and peace of mind!

We disembarked Celebrity in Miami and boarded Oasis in Ft Lauderdale the same day. We booked a private transfer ... Around $100 I believe ... And it was great. Although more expensive than shared shuttle services, it was nice to be transported point-to-point.

We did this last spring. 8 of us got picked up at Fll hotel and transferred to Miami port. Upon return, 4 of us got same service provider to take 2 to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, while 2 went to the port for another cruise. Worked beautifully. Can't recall exact price but far more convenient than taking bus offered by cruise line to airport and sleeping luggage etc to a second bus to get to the port. It was not expensive and worth every penny.

Johnscarservice@bellsouth.net. Phone 19543038747

Fair winds!

Here's another option. There is a shore excursion to the Everglades with an airboat ride that will drop you off at either FLL or MIA. Then get a taxi from FLL. It was a surprisingly enjoyable day and it was $89pp.

I ditto this. It's exactly what I'd recommend. Tour drops you off at FLL and then you take a taxi to the port. Pretty inexpensive way to spend the day. The cost from FLL to the port is cheap.