How long in MDR?

yun2

We will be on Oasis next month. I've booked all the shows, and now trying to plan dinners around it. Can anyone who has sailed on Oasis share your experience on how long is a typical meal in MDR? Is it enough if I allow an hour and half or should I plan for two hours? Thanks!

When DW and I were on the Oasis the first night was a disaster, after that we ate rest of our meals in the Windjammer. In my opinion it is the luck of the draw depending on the wait staff, sometimes you can get out in an hour and sometimes it will take up to two hours.

Edited by JamesEM

It mostly depends on your waiter and the number of people at the table. With just two people and a fast waiter, you could be done in an hour. At a table for 8 with a slow waiter you could be there 2+ hours. 1.5 hrs should be safe to schedule around but if you see that things are not moving along you can ask the waiter to speed things up so that you can make your show.

The best thing is to tell your waiter on the first night that you want to eat quickly with short times between courses.

Also, if you are at a large table waiters normally wait until the table is full. If you have some table mates who are consistently late, then tell your waiter you want to order as soon as you are seated and not wait for th elate arrivals.

Some other things most people don't know:

- You can ask for a bowl of rolls to be on your table each night when you arrive

- You can also ask for a fruit/cheese plate for the table each night

- You can also ask for a shrimp cocktail every night.

Remember that the waiters are working for your tip and will do anything they can to please you. If you want something, ask politely and you will probably get it.

We will be on Oasis next month. I've booked all the shows, and now trying to plan dinners around it. Can anyone who has sailed on Oasis share your experience on how long is a typical meal in MDR? Is it enough if I allow an hour and half or should I plan for two hours? Thanks!

We sailed Oasis in Feb. and had a table for 2 and, on average, we were usually done in 1.25 hrs. We were there when the MDR opened and seemed to get served faster as a table for 2.

I agree with all above. We did both Oasis and Allure at a table for 2 and the dinner went as quickly as we wanted. Usually we relaxed and were done within an hour or an hour and a half. BUT if you are at a large table, and a lot of wine drinkers, I'd plan no less than 2 hours. In fact I'd do that anyway if possible. That way you won't be rushed. Remember, you need time to get to the show. It's a big ship. Plus you need to be early enough to get seats.

I would highly advise that you tell your waiter that you have a show and need to finish fairly quickly. You can look at the menus throughout the day and have an idea what you might want to speed up ordering. If you have a bottle of wine, order it the night before so it's at your table when you sit down. That way the waiter doesn't have to go get it for you. But again, if you are at a small table you should be able to significantly speed up dinner if needed.