What is your favorite memory on a cruise ship?

It's hard to come up with a single moment, but I'll try.

On board, I'd have to say just the times in the evening that I walk around the lower decks of ship. I do this on every cruise, regardless if I'm traveling alone or not. I find it takes on more meaning when I am traveling solo. During my Jewel sailing, each evening I was passed by a female officer who would say hello. On the last night, she spent a few extra minutes chatting to me, which was nice. Also, on my last Explorer cruise, I lucked out and got an aft balcony. I was going through a bit of a tough time in life during that cruise and was grateful for every moment I could spend out there enjoying the company of the sea :)

For ports, I'd have to say my favourite excursions were in St Lucia, Antigua, my first trip to Atlantis in Nassau (which was on my bucket list), Labadee during my Allure sailing and most recently, my day in Curacao. These 5 excursions go down as some of the highlights of my cruising experience so far.

It's hard to come up with a single moment, but I'll try.

On board, I'd have to say just the times in the evening that I walk around the lower decks of ship. I do this on every cruise, regardless if I'm traveling alone or not. I find it takes on more meaning when I am traveling solo. During my Jewel sailing, each evening I was passed by a female officer who would say hello. On the last night, she spent a few extra minutes chatting to me, which was nice. Also, on my last Explorer cruise, I lucked out and got an aft balcony. I was going through a bit of a tough time in life during that cruise and was grateful for every moment I could spend out there enjoying the company of the sea :)

For ports, I'd have to say my favourite excursions were in St Lucia, Antigua, my first trip to Atlantis in Nassau (which was on my bucket list), Labadee during my Allure sailing and most recently, my day in Curacao. These 5 excursions go down as some of the highlights of my cruising experience so far.

What did you do in Curaçao? We are going there next cruise. It'd be interesting to hear what you did that landed in one of your top memories! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On our Hawaii cruise, we had an exceptionally large roll call and most everyone really did participate in whatever activities were planned. Well, one evening we had a pajama party in the Schooner Bar with the sing along piano guy. Someone had brought glow sticks and glow necklaces, and I just remember singing Sweet Caroline with about 100 of my new best friends, wearing my pajamas. It was swell!

In 2003 we took our daughter and her best friend on the Navigator of the Seas with us, sailing out of Miami then. She had graduated from KU that May and took a class in the summer, anyway. We ended up flying in the day of the cruise and had transportation from the airport with the cruise line. We waited and waited and the bus finally left for the ship. They took us to a separate room - we did not go through the regular check-in - and they brought us our cards one by one. We boarded the ship and people were going to the muster drill. We hurried to our cabins, got our life vests (you had to wear one, then) and went to the muster drill.

Back in our cabin, which was a balcony for the first time for us, I went out on the balcony and looked down the channel and the Explorer of the Seas was leaving and about 30 feet from us. The girls were across the hall in a Promenade room and I ran and got them. Seeing this enormous, beautiful white ship coming toward us with passengers excited to be leaving and waving at us was something I will always remember.

Your story made me cry. Thanks for sharing.

I was going to say, wining the $5,000 jackpot bingo on the Disney Dream, but the truth is that it wasn't. My children and friends usually go with me to play bingo but that day no-one showed up. I was happy for the money but disappointed because I didn't have anyone by my side to share my excitement. BTW, our British waiter didn't like me, when we told her that I won the jackpot bingo she looked disappointed. :D

Glad you enjoyed.

Your waiter should have been nice, maybe you would have shared!

What did you do in Curaçao? We are going there next cruise. It'd be interesting to hear what you did that landed in one of your top memories! [emoji4]

We bought a beach pass for Santa Barbara resort. The day was absolutely amazing - the only bad part was leaving! We were waited on hand and foot, unlimited drinks and food, pick up and drop off at the port and the resort is absolutely beautiful. In fact, my cruise for next fall must include Curacao so I can go back.

Here's a picture!!

ImageUploadedByForums1457242073.058194.jpg.621abc8ff9267377252318e75dc9d0b5.jpg

We were on the Freedom a few years back, Our son requires a wheelchair, He has a neurological disease that effects all motor function. He is unable to walk at all. We were sitting watching people on the flowrider, and one the crew saw my son and asked if he would be able to do this. We said we weren't sure, but he would love the opportunity to try. They told us to come back to the flowrider just before the closing hour and they would be ready for him. We went back a bit later and sure enough they were ready. Several crew members carried my son (who at the time was around 15 and not small) and put him on a board and when he fell off they put him back on. This went on for a while, I'm crying right now just thinking about the smile on his face.

Everyone around passengers and crew cheered and cried, and I received pictures and videos in the mail from people all around who captured it, because I was so emotional I forgot to take pictures!LOL He was a rock star the rest of the cruise. People were so happy for him. Hands down one of the most memorable and best experiences of our life.

They will never know what that meant to us. We will never forget the kindness they showed our son.

This is, hands down, one of the best things I've ever read. I'm happy for you guys! Truly AWESOME and I'm so glad you got to experience that. That crew member was so wonderful to see your son and want to do something so nice for him.

Just beautiful...

We were on the Freedom a few years back, Our son requires a wheelchair, He has a neurological disease that effects all motor function. He is unable to walk at all. We were sitting watching people on the flowrider, and one the crew saw my son and asked if he would be able to do this. We said we weren't sure, but he would love the opportunity to try. They told us to come back to the flowrider just before the closing hour and they would be ready for him. We went back a bit later and sure enough they were ready. Several crew members carried my son (who at the time was around 15 and not small) and put him on a board and when he fell off they put him back on. This went on for a while, I'm crying right now just thinking about the smile on his face.

Everyone around passengers and crew cheered and cried, and I received pictures and videos in the mail from people all around who captured it, because I was so emotional I forgot to take pictures!LOL He was a rock star the rest of the cruise. People were so happy for him. Hands down one of the most memorable and best experiences of our life.

They will never know what that meant to us. We will never forget the kindness they showed our son.

That is without a doubt to most beautiful story I have read on these boards. I was tearing up when I read it. Thank you for sharing :D

Cindy

My best memory was on Quantum's maiden transatlantic voyage from Southampton.

After eight days at sea, we entered New York Harbor just prior to dawn. Champagne and mimosas flowed. The Statue of Liberty, the fire boats with their water cannons and circling news helicopters were all seen while the sun came up.

And the sunrise with its fiery red skies behind the Manhattan skyline made for one of the most beautiful, unforgettable, scenic, patriotic and celebratory cruise experiences ever.

Just wish I knew how to upload pictures here...

Edited by Nado44

Back in 2006 I stayed on the ship while in port for the first time ever and relished having nearly the whole pool deck (and ship, for that matter) silent and still. I pushed my lounge chair right up to the railing and gazed out at the ocean, enjoying the peace and quiet and practically having my own waiter for the entire time I was out there :D

Before my first cruise, my now husband and I had been looking for engagement rings in the states and decided to take my friend's advice and wait to look in St. Maarten, as our trip was only a couple of months out and apparently the jewelry deals couldn't be beat. I knew exactly what I wanted and dragged my boyfriend to about 20 jewelers in a row, but no one had what I envisioned. Finally the last jeweler (truly, we were going to give up after this one) was pulling boxes and boxes of rings until he said I think this is the one--and it was! It was also my birthday that day, so later that night when celebrating our engagement and my birthday with our table mates, I couldn't decide which dessert to get, so they suggested we get ALL of them--and so I did. We also said at the time that our 10-year anniversary we'd plan a European cruise, and here we are 10 years later getting ready to go on that cruise.

We have always had a good time on a cruise....regardless if it was a little bumpy at times or the weather wasn't exactly perfect.

The entertainment staff, led by the Cruise Director, has always seemed to have plenty of activities to make us smile or giggle or in some way have fun.

We had an opportunity to 'play turn about is fair play', quite accidentally though when we sailed on Jewel in 2013. We had a wonderful Activity Manager onboard named Elvis. He figured out early on, that if he needed participants in activities and we were nearby, he could always pull us into the activity -- we were open to it. Then one day he announced that if there was anything a cruiser saw that needed to be attended to, that a cruiser could always let him know what it was.

Well, the next day we were leaving the ship for a shore excursion. Upon returning to the ship, there was a misspelled word "Heathlly" (should have been Healthy) on the sign to use the washy-washy sanitizer soap as you returned to the ship. We took a picture of the sign and made sure to show it to Elvis later that evening when we saw him.....he laughed and giggled when he realized the misspelled word....and wondered 'how long the sign actually was like that'. Well the next day, it was corrected.

Being dressed up at the prohibition party last year on Allure. We figured if people went to the trouble of dressing up it should be recognized! So we went up to people and randomly took pictures with them. (It was after a few drinks). At first some were shocked strangers were trying to take pics with them but soon everyone was participating. It was so much fun

:cool: On our 1st cruise my wife and I went to Stingray City and loved it. The next year we brought our 2 teenage daughters and couldn't help them a bit as they screamed in terror and climbed on top of perfect strangers to get away from those " creatures", because we were laughing so hard. :cool:

Bumping into my mum and dad in the elevator!!!!

Something similar. On our last cruise, we were in the room on embarkation day and I was on the phone with my parents saying I'd talk to them in a week and telling them about the ship. There was a knock on the door, which I assumed was the room steward, but, when I opened it, my parents were there. It was a wonderful surprise and we laughed because I was apparently about 20ft away from them a couple of times and didn't notice.