Time zones

Giantfan13

We are sailing on the Liberty Tomorrow, Puerto Rico to Galveston 12 days vising many islands in the Caribbean. Does the ship adjust to any change in time zones?

Like do they adjust to island times or do they stay fixed on the time zone they left from, San Juan?

Cheers

Len

When I was on the Valor from San Juan we stayed in Atlantic time, although all the islands we went to were also Atlantic time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Carnival ships when doing a closed loop cruise (leaving and finishing at the same port) tend to stay on ship's time from the home port and usually do not change. However on repositioning cruises the ship must be on local time when starting and finishing. You will set clocks back 1 hour 2 times during the cruise so that when you end in Galveston you have moved from Atlantic time to Central time.

We are sailing on the Liberty Tomorrow, Puerto Rico to Galveston 12 days vising many islands in the Caribbean. Does the ship adjust to any change in time zones?

Like do they adjust to island times or do they stay fixed on the time zone they left from, San Juan?

I'm pretty sure they'll adjust. There will actually only be one adjustment because of Daylight Saving Time coming in the middle of your cruise. None of the islands you will be visiting use DST. Your daily newsletter will tell you exactly when to adjust your clocks.

When daylight savings happens, Galveston time will jump ahead one hour, which means that the difference between Galveston & Puerto Rico at the end of your cruise will be only 1 hour instead of 2. At some point in the cruise, the ship will change the clocks back 1 hour. They might make the change leading into a port that's equal to Galveston's time (if you have one), or they might wait until the end of the cruise. It's hard to say. I doubt they would make the change while still visiting islands equal to Puerto Rico's time.