Is it REALLY possible a 2017 cruise is already almost sold out

Or at least almost all the cabins on the port side for a southbound Alaskan cruise? I find it hard to believe that sailings that were just released 2 weeks ago have almost all the cabins book. I wondered if maybe it's people booking lots of 'possibles' and then they might release the bookings once they decide what they want. Or maybe travel agents 'book' a bunch. Thoughts?

Thanx,

Erika

DW and I just booked a southbound for the week of June 9th - 16. There are three other couples going with us so we needed 4 staterooms. We could not find 4 balcony cabins on the port side of the ship next to each other! My TA was as surprised as I was that most of the cabins were already booked. She thinks RCI might be holding a bunch of them to pair with people that will be taking cruisetours.

And port side will sell out first so people can see the views. I did a check on a non Royal site that actually shows all available cabins and there are a few port side balconies available on each cruise, but very few. It is surprising!