Obc

vicocala

How does MSC handle situations where you have remaining OBC? Do they cut you a check and deliver it the last morning? Do they mail it to you at a later date? Do they differentiate between a refundable and a non-refundable OBC?

Thanks!

Last time anyone in my party had leftover OBC, it was mailed back to her at a later date. That was onboard the Divina a little over a year ago.

Now that being said, that was OBC that was purchased. It is my understanding that promotional OBC is non-refundable. But as with anything MSC, things can change at any moment.

Bret

I don't have the specific answer for MSC but every line I have ever sailed on does not refund nonrefundable OBC, hence the name. That is a use it or lose it OBC. For refundable, they credit our credit card.

How does MSC handle situations where you have remaining OBC? Do they cut you a check and deliver it the last morning? Do they mail it to you at a later date? Do they differentiate between a refundable and a non-refundable OBC?

Thanks!

Don't forget that you will get service charge on your bill at the rate of $12 per day per person, so that will take care of $168 for two people for a 7 night cruise, So you may not have as much left over as you think you're going to have, unless of course you intend to stop the service charge.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Don't forget that you will get service charge on your bill at the rate of $12 per day per person, so that will take care of $168 for two people for a 7 night cruise, So you may not have as much left over as you think you're going to have, unless of course you intend to stop the service charge.

Pete

I was given $80.00 OBC in a loyalty match and I have purchased enough on-board credit for both voyages to more than cover the DSC. I have also pre-purchased drinks, specialty dining and excursions too, so a leftover is a real possibility.

When I sailed HAL, I received a printed check the morning of debarkation, when with NCL, a check in the mail two weeks later. So lines do vary. I would also assume that the non-refundable OBC is used before that purchased but it might not since some lines don't allow it used for the DSC.

So how do you see this playing out?

As far as I'm aware, MSC don't refund unspent OBC, it was always spend it or lose it. You'd need to check the terms of the additional OBC you purchased to find out if it is refundable or not.

If you're on a B2B cruise my understanding is that your account remains open until the end of the second cruise.

As far as I'm aware, MSC don't refund unspent OBC, it was always spend it or lose it. You'd need to check the terms of the additional OBC you purchased to find out if it is refundable or not.

If you're on a B2B cruise my understanding is that your account remains open until the end of the second cruise.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Wow, I guess I better check the terms. Hard to believe they wouldn't refund unspent cash though.:eek: