2017 Caribbean

I can't believe how much more RC Caribbean is for June 2017, might have to jump ship for NCL 😞 Never been on them before though so a bit wary!

Same month im after. Hoping for some better prices and longer cruises. Haven't seen any for Anthem. The June 2016 prices for 9 nights and flights are far better then they just put up. Still i have faith and will keep fingers crossed before i consider non RC...

We just got a D2 on the "hump" for the same price as a D7 with a smaller balcony. If the prices come down I can change. I just did not want this cabin to disappear by waiting. This was on the May 2017 sailing.

After discussing the pricing with DW, we've decided not to even bother putting down a deposit and waiting for the possibility of price drops to bring it within our acceptable price range prior to final payment.

We don't want to give RCI the satisfaction of showing a booking and holding onto a few hundred dollars of our money for over a year (thus a loss of utility to us) when we might just end up cancelling.

I will do what I have done to date...watch the pricing and book when I see the right price for us. Not book and watch the price every day, hoping it will fall and get the booking adjusted if it goes down.

That means nothing for us beyond Liberty this year, as it currently stands. Oh well.

Maybe we will go to Disney World in 2017 instead of a cruise (will not do a Disney cruise...too expensive for us).

I just booked 2 Boardwalk Balcony cabins on Harmony for 4th of July week of 2017. I'm definitely hoping that their is a sale between now and the 90 day cancellation window.

4th of July Week and Harmony. I dont want to know how much...Wife and I could probably travel Europe for 2 weeks for the price or get an all-inclusive in the southern Caribbean.....

Just booked Oasis for May 2017 and March 2018 - D2 balcony. Both cruises are $500-$700 less than our March 2017 Oasis D2

Boy, you must have paid a heck of a lot for your March 2017 cruise then. The prices they are showing for the Oasis for March 2018 are TRIPLE what we paid to do the Allure the same week last March. NCL is set to release their prices March 22nd. I will be curious to see how their rates compare. Good chance we will be planning on another cruise line for our 2018 sailing due to RCCL's asking prices.

Boy, you must have paid a heck of a lot for your March 2017 cruise then. The prices they are showing for the Oasis for March 2018 are TRIPLE what we paid to do the Allure the same week last March. NCL is set to release their prices March 22nd. I will be curious to see how their rates compare. Good chance we will be planning on another cruise line for our 2018 sailing due to RCCL's asking prices.

Thanks for the info- I am going to price the NCL Epic out of PC for next Fall and compare it to the OA prices.

Here's hoping once some of the other lines release their prices, maybe royal will price drop some in a comparable nature. Or the other lines will follow and sky rocket prices. I need to switch my April harmony cruise to June but I am not doubling my price for a lesser cabin.

Here's hoping once some of the other lines release their prices, maybe royal will price drop some in a comparable nature. Or the other lines will follow and sky rocket prices. I need to switch my April harmony cruise to June but I am not doubling my price for a lesser cabin.

Same scenario. We have connecting balcony rooms on Harmony for April during spring break and was looking to move it to the summer timeframe, end of August. The same rooms are close to $2K more.

Pricing is just insane, so for now we are leaving April and will monitor summer pricing and see what happens.

Same scenario. We have connecting balcony rooms on Harmony for April during spring break and was looking to move it to the summer timeframe, end of August. The same rooms are close to $2K more.

Pricing is just insane, so for now we are leaving April and will monitor summer pricing and see what happens.

Yes, I booked Easter week last June before our schools released the calendar, and to my luck they moved spring break to the week before Easter instead of after for 2017. Now I have to switch, if prices don't drop I will eventually cancel altogether. It's supposed to be for my 40th birthday but I will make other plans if need be.

Well Royal have lost out again to NCL from me

Much as I wanted to book Harmony for July 17 it was nearly double the price for 2a/2c in an Inside room @ $7000 v $3700 for NCL Escape and thats for two rooms on Escape with included drinks package. Much as I enjoy RCCL there's no way it's worth that - well to me anyway. Yes I know it's the new ship and peak season but with having 3 Oasis class ships in Fl for that time of year I'm suprised they're asking so much

I had the same dilemma with school schedules and went back thru several years of calendars before figuring it out (I think). You have to look when Passover is. If it's near Easter, that's the week school's closed.

2017 Easter April 16; Passover April 10-18, so school closed week before, where most of these days overlap.

Knowing this sure helps when booking cruises over a year in advance.

Yes, I booked Easter week last June before our schools released the calendar, and to my luck they moved spring break to the week before Easter instead of after for 2017. Now I have to switch, if prices don't drop I will eventually cancel altogether. It's supposed to be for my 40th birthday but I will make other plans if need be.
I did the same thing last June and April booking two different cruises not knowing the school schedule. I booked the Navigator 4/14/17 and Harmony 4/8/17. I did this because as of late I realized if Passover is the week right before Easter they end up choosing the Passover week. Recently found out the new 2016-2017 school schedule and I was right.....4/8/17, so I am thrilled as I prefer Harmony over the Navigator even though it is 2 less days and more money.:rolleyes:

We normally cruise in the summer time and I just knew that the Harmony prices will be very steep. Now I am waiting for the Anthem Summer 2017 schedule. I'm happy knowing that I have Harmony booked as my back up in April in case the Anthem prices for the summer are very high which I am fully expecting. Fun part is playing "musical" cruises.:D

I did the same thing last June and April booking two different cruises not knowing the school schedule. I booked the Navigator 4/14/17 and Harmony 4/8/17. I did this because as of late I realized if Passover is the week right before Easter they end up choosing the Passover week. Recently found out the new 2016-2017 school schedule and I was right.....4/8/17, so I am thrilled as I prefer Harmony over the Navigator even though it is 2 less days and more money.:rolleyes:

We normally cruise in the summer time and I just knew that the Harmony prices will be very steep. Now I am waiting for the Anthem Summer 2017 schedule. I'm happy knowing that I have Harmony booked as my back up in April in case the Anthem prices for the summer are very high which I am fully expecting. Fun part is playing "musical" cruises.:D

I do wish I would of booked 4/8 along with the 4/15 one. Now I have learned my lesson. I haven't cancelled 04.15 yet, hoping to transfer it eventually.