2017 Caribbean

And I don't see anything new! The same exact ports as last year! I was looking at the Adventure from San Juan for July 2017- we had it booked for July 2016 but had to cancel. We had a balcony for 865 per person. The price today for 2017 is over 2,000 per person. There must be a mistake in the pricing that is posted right now.

Edited by AmandaKaye79

Wow, I booked Oasis earlier this year for less than half that price!! It was for a fall sailing though, are prices just naturally a lot higher in summer?

Yes prices are a lot higher in the summer than they are in the Fall

The fall 2017 prices for Oasis don't look attractive to me right now :( Higher than fall 2016 even if you ignore the current 30% off sale, which is to say they're adjusting upward slightly for inflation (I guess?) and applying no discount whatsoever. Looks like full, undiscounted fares to me. :(

Alaska and Europe are already out. We have Jewel booked for Italy and Greek Islands in October, 2017.

I'm looking to book that same cruise for myself and my mother. She's wanted to go to Europe/Med for a while now and I thought a mother/daughter trip would be perfect. I did a similar itinerary October 2013 and loved it. I'm now excited to be able to share this experience with my mother. I'm hoping we will book no later than this weekend, once we have a chance to sit down and decide on a stateroom location. Getting excited!

I'm looking to book that same cruise for myself and my mother. She's wanted to go to Europe/Med for a while now and I thought a mother/daughter trip would be perfect. I did a similar itinerary October 2013 and loved it. I'm now excited to be able to share this experience with my mother. I'm hoping we will book no later than this weekend, once we have a chance to sit down and decide on a stateroom location. Getting excited!

What date? We are booked on the Oct 7 date. Our friends just booked the same one today.

Yes prices are a lot higher in the summer than they are in the Fall

Never been as high as those are listed for Caribbean Summer 2017 and we cruise every summer. $3000 for 2 for a balcony cabin from San Juan on adventure? That's insane. The price says $2013 per person plus 30% off. That's not realistic.

What date? We are booked on the Oct 7 date. Our friends just booked the same one today.

That's the same date I'm looking at. I think it's a great time of the year to go. I'm also trying to convince my cousins and their mom (my mother's sister) to go. We did something like that almost two years ago to Alaska and we all had a blast. We had 3 generations of mothers and daughters.

Hope to be on the sailing with you!

Thanks! I checked some of the prices and it looks like they are, how shall I say this, pretty ambitious!!:eek: I think I may wait a while before I book. I'm usually the first to book up an entire year when bookings open but not this time. Just my opinion..I hope to find some deals but not too hopeful..

I agree. I am disappointed in the Oasis prices. I was hoping they would be lower at date of release, but we are not booking at these prices. May just have to try the new MSC ship for Thanksgiving 2017...

That's the same date I'm looking at. I think it's a great time of the year to go. I'm also trying to convince my cousins and their mom (my mother's sister) to go. We did something like that almost two years ago to Alaska and we all had a blast. We had 3 generations of mothers and daughters.

Hope to be on the sailing with you!

I hope you do join us! Be sure to join the Roll Call I started. Right now I am lonely over there, although my friend should be checking in soon.:)

For fall 2017, Oasis, Allure, and Harmony are all released now. The prices start high with Oasis and climb from there. :confused: An interior stateroom on Oasis is no lower than $937 CAD pp, which after port fees/taxes, is $2,154 CAD or $154 per person, per night (double-occupancy). :eek: That is about 50% more than my target price.

Apparently the conventional wisdom of newly-released itineraries being the best price is wrong, unless RCI is starting high and going up even further towards the sail date.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed. This is the first time I've watched the deployment schedule and eagerly awaited the release of itineraries...and I'm very underwhelmed. :(

Edited by moopetguy

For fall 2017, Oasis, Allure, and Harmony are all released now. The prices start high with Oasis and climb from there. :confused: An interior stateroom on Oasis is no lower than $937 CAD pp, which after port fees/taxes, is $2,154 CAD or $154 per person, per night (double-occupancy). :eek: That is about 50% more than my target price.

Apparently the conventional wisdom of newly-released itineraries being the best price is wrong, unless RCI is starting high and going up even further towards the sail date.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed. This is the first time I've watched the deployment schedule and eagerly awaited the release of itineraries...and I'm very underwhelmed. :(

I'm feeling slightly the same. I wanted a cruise that left from Florida but I've been pricing them out over the last hour and think I may end up doing Liberty from Galveston. Love the Liberty, but not really interested in the departure port or itineraries. Sigh.

Bookings are open now as follows:

Through February 2018: Allure, Oasis, Harmony, Liberty, Adventure, Enchantment, Majesty.

Navigator is out through November 2017.

Freedom through October 2017.

Independence October 2017.

Explorer September 2017.

Brilliance November 2017.

Jewel November 2017.

Serenade October 2017.

Radiance September 2017.

Legend October 2017.

Vision September 2017.

I agree. Prices are high and no OBC. Will have to monitor these prices. Hoping a real "sale" may come along, but who knows.