Single Cruiser Excursion

m32446

In January 2017, I'll be on my first cruise by myself. I've been to Cozumel 4 times with the manly half, but I just don't know what the best thing to do on my own is. Three out of our four last visits we went to Nachi Cocom, and loved it every time, but I don't know if sitting on the beach by myself drinking is quite as healthy. XD

It's also a fairly long stop, we dock at 8am, and don't leave until 8pm, so I feel like surely there must be something good in that time frame.

Anyone have any outings that might lend themselves to the solo traveler? I'm not particularly social (or anti-social), so any sort of group/solo dynamic would work fine.

Edited by m32446

In January 2017, I'll be on my first cruise by myself. I've been to Cozumel 4 times with the manly half, but I just don't know what the best thing to do on my own is. Three out of our four last visits we went to Nachi Cocom, and loved it every time, but I don't know if sitting on the beach by myself drinking is quite as healthy. XD

It's also a fairly long stop, we dock at 8am, and don't leave until 8pm, so I feel like surely there must be something good in that time frame.

Anyone have any outings that might lend themselves to the solo traveler? I'm not particularly social (or anti-social), so any sort of group/solo dynamic would work fine.

Since you are with Norwegian you will likely dock in town.

I would recommend checking out "Cooking with Josefina" which can easily be taken solo, but would be even more fun if you can join a group class. Or a food tour with Cozumel Chef.

Another tour to look up would be the chocolate factory, although that would only take a couple of hours.

Perhaps you could hire a private druver for a "round the island tour" to see the "other side", and ask if anyone on your roll call would like to join you? We have used ToursPlaza several times. The Cozumel Bar Hop can also be a fun way to see the island, at a reasonable price, when traveling solo.

I am in this same exact situation! IM crusing solo on Royal and trying to decide which excursion to do. Based on my findings, this is my 4th cruise, ive found that whichever excursion you do, you will end up meeting people on the excursion. BUT, for me, I can have a good time doing an excursion and not mingling with anyone. Basically, my advice, do whichever excursion you want and make the best of it!

Since you are with Norwegian you will likely dock in town.

I would recommend checking out "Cooking with Josefina" which can easily be taken solo, but would be even more fun if you can join a group class. Or a food tour with Cozumel Chef.

Another tour to look up would be the chocolate factory, although that would only take a couple of hours.

Perhaps you could hire a private druver for a "round the island tour" to see the "other side", and ask if anyone on your roll call would like to join you? We have used ToursPlaza several times. The Cozumel Bar Hop can also be a fun way to see the island, at a reasonable price, when traveling solo.

THIS!! I am coming to Cozumel for the second time. I am really interested in the bar hop, but I have yet to see the Mayan ruins. I cant decide which I would enjoy better.

I am in this same exact situation! IM crusing solo on Royal and trying to decide which excursion to do. Based on my findings, this is my 4th cruise, ive found that whichever excursion you do, you will end up meeting people on the excursion. BUT, for me, I can have a good time doing an excursion and not mingling with anyone. Basically, my advice, do whichever excursion you want and make the best of it!

THIS!! I am coming to Cozumel for the second time. I am really interested in the bar hop, but I have yet to see the Mayan ruins. I cant decide which I would enjoy better.

Coming in on Royal you will dock at International pier, south of town so you would need to take a taxi into town for the meeting place for bar hop. Prices for taxis are for up to 4 ppl so you would be wise to try and join a couple heading to town to split cost.

Bar hop is very well run independent excursion and gives you a chance to see outside the main tourist areas for a reasonable price as a single person. Food and drinks extra and bring cash, as no electricity on the east side for credit cards. Website is very detailed and should answer all your questions. Lots of reviews on here if you use the search function for this forum.

The ruins on Cozumel are very small and whilst I found enjoyable you would need to combine with something else. As a single person probably ship excursion would be best way to do this.

If you mean the ruins on the mainland I think those would be very worthwhile but is a very long day traveling and would definitely be best done through the ship. Whilst we normally take independent tours I think ship's excursions are often a good option for single travelers.

Edited by c-leg5

Coming in on Royal you will dock at International pier, south of town so you would need to take a taxi into town for the meeting place for bar hop. Prices for taxis are for up to 4 ppl so you would be wise to try and join a couple heading to town to split cost.

Bar hop is very well run independent excursion and gives you a chance to see outside the main tourist areas for a reasonable price as a single person. Food and drinks extra and bring cash, as no electricity on the east side for credit cards. Website is very detailed and should answer all your questions. Lots of reviews on here if you use the search function for this forum.

The ruins on Cozumel are very small and whilst I found enjoyable you would need to combine with something else. As a single person probably ship excursion would be best way to do this.

If you mean the ruins on the mainland I think those would be very worthwhile but is a very long day traveling and would definitely be best done through the ship. Whilst we normally take independent tours I think ship's excursions are often a good option for single travelers.

Wonderful, thank you, I appreciate it. When I came here last it was with Carnival, at the dock that is far from Senor Frogs. I will do take your advice, thank you again