Land questions. Princess.

Mrs.Gosse

Hi friends, our plan is 5 day connoisseur package in September 2017 followed by the Star Princess southbound. Have a few questions but I can't seem to get answered by Princess. The person that was supposed to be helping me directly called me after 3 days and we set the time for her to call me back in the evening after I gave her the questions. I was in my car and unable to talk at the time. 14 days later I am still waiting for her call back. I even talked to Princess on another issue about 5 days ago and she said she would look into why I had not received a call back. Still waiting.

anywho...., when you start in Anchorage is the hotel included? Or do you get your own hotel room on your own?

I've also people talking about going to restaurants at these locations. Like while in Denali. Is the princess lodge close enough to parts of a town because in the pictures it looks very secluded.

Are there laundry facilities at the lodges?

How do you pay for things I might purchase on my own, like drinks and coffee? Does it charge to your account at the end of the cruise or do you pay in cash? Or does it just go to the end of the land portion and then charge your credit card? For some reason I imagine the whole land portion to be exactly the same as a cruise with things like that.

Edited by Mrs.Gosse

Hi friends, our plan is 5 day connoisseur package in September 2017 followed by the Star Princess southbound. Have a few questions but I can't seem to get answered by Princess. The person that was supposed to be helping me directly called me after 3 days and we set the time for her to call me back in the evening after I gave her the questions. I was in my car and unable to talk at the time. 14 days later I am still waiting for her call back. I even talked to Princess on another issue about 5 days ago and she said she would look into why I had not received a call back. Still waiting.

I just speak to any of the cruise representatives

anywho...., when you start in Anchorage is the hotel included? Or do you get your own hotel room on your own?

On our cruise tour (DB4) the first night is included --check the itinerary on your reservation documents

I've also people talking about going to restaurants at these locations. Like while in Denali. Is the princess lodge close enough to parts of a town because in the pictures it looks very secluded. What lodges will you be at? McKinley lodge is in a wilderness location --Denali is close to the park and some eating places.

Are there laundry facilities at the lodges?

How do you pay for things I might purchase on my own, like drinks and coffee? Does it charge to your account at the end of the cruise or do you pay in cash? Or does it just go to the end of the land portion and then charge your credit card? For some reason I imagine the whole land portion to be exactly the same as a cruise with things like that.

You are on your own --no cruise card :)

Have a wonderful trip !

Edited by Alaskanb

Regarding laundry facilities: We live in Fairbanks so while we've never stayed at the Fairbanks Princess we've been inside numerous times. There is a sign opposite one of their break-out rooms pointing toward the guest laundry facilities.

We've stayed at the Copper River Princess, the Denali Princess and the McKinley Princess. All three have guest laundry facilities.

Princess uses the Hotel Captain Cook in Anchorage. It is included in your package.

My 7 and 8 day connoisseur tours included most ,but not all, meals. I would think the 5 day would include some also??? Can you get into Princess.com and view this?

Edited by Nhsaltshaker

Hi friends, our plan is 5 day connoisseur package in September 2017 followed by the Star Princess southbound. Have a few questions but I can't seem to get answered by Princess. The person that was supposed to be helping me directly called me after 3 days and we set the time for her to call me back in the evening after I gave her the questions. I was in my car and unable to talk at the time. 14 days later I am still waiting for her call back. I even talked to Princess on another issue about 5 days ago and she said she would look into why I had not received a call back. Still waiting. You are way far out for answers to a few of your questions. Frankly I would suggest that you transfer your booking to an experienced travel agent who could easily answer most of your questions, and the ones he couldn't he could use his TA contacts at Princess to get those answers.

anywho...., when you start in Anchorage is the hotel included? Or do you get your own hotel room on your own? Captain Cook as someone else noted...tho we were in the Hilton. Room will be assigned for you.

I've also people talking about going to restaurants at these locations. Like while in Denali. Is the princess lodge close enough to parts of a town because in the pictures it looks very secluded. Your connoiseur package includes most meals at assigned venues. Denali Princess has one, possibly two restaurants onsite. So does the McKinley Princess

Are there laundry facilities at the lodges? Yes, the lodges have laundry facilities

How do you pay for things I might purchase on my own, like drinks and coffee? Does it charge to your account at the end of the cruise or do you pay in cash? Or does it just go to the end of the land portion and then charge your credit card? For some reason I imagine the whol land portion to be exactly the same as a cruise with things like that.

Your cruise card will not come to you until you check in for the cruise portion of your trip. Land expenses are cash or credit card, paid as you go.

Again, many of your expenses are covered in the rate you are paying for the "connoiseur" package.

My 7 and 8 day connoisseur tours included most ,but not all, meals. I would think the 5 day would include some also??? Can you get into Princess.com and view this?

Yes it includes many. I was wondering about the meals it does not include or meals we choose to eat outside the resort

Your cruise card will not come to you until you check in for the cruise portion of your trip. Land expenses are cash or credit card, paid as you go.

Again, many of your expenses are covered in the rate you are paying for the "connoiseur" package.

I was just wondering if the charged it all to our room/cruise. Not the actual physical card. Alcoholic beverages are obviously not included. Those are the kind of thing i am referring too.

I was just wondering if the charged it all to our room/cruise. Not the actual physical card. Alcoholic beverages are obviously not included. Those are the kind of thing i am referring too.

Yes. Anything on the land portion must be paid by cash or credit card.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk