Drink packages

Sorry if this is all ready listed somewhere but I couldn't find it. Last time I pre purchased the select package as all I really want is the beer and a glass of wine occasionally. Is it cheaper or more expensive to wait till you get on the ship? Or is it the same? I heard that crown and anchor gets varying discounts on some ships but not for sure. Going on Allure again in June. Thanks for any insight you may have.

Sorry if this is all ready listed somewhere but I couldn't find it. Last time I pre purchased the select package as all I really want is the beer and a glass of wine occasionally. Is it cheaper or more expensive to wait till you get on the ship? Or is it the same? I heard that crown and anchor gets varying discounts on some ships but not for sure. Going on Allure again in June. Thanks for any insight you may have.

Same price.

I have not seen Allure mentioned in any of the random discount pricing schemes that have popped up.

And mostly those involve single day purchases or drink cards.

I look at the 1st 2-3 days. The 1st day we board and explore the ship, so is it worth it for that day? Then onto the next days, if it's not a port intensive itinerary or you plan to stay on the ship, then it would be worth saving the 1st day cost and buying it on the 2nd morning.

We are sailing the Liberty in April, since the first 2 days are sea days I would normally pre-purchase a drink package. But Galveston has regulations about certain alcohol being served while you are still in Texas waters, so I'll use my C&A benefits for the first night and buy the package first thing on the 2nd day. Hope this makes some sense.

Laurie

Edited by caseythegr
Grammar

I look at the 1st 2-3 days. The 1st day we board and explore the ship, so is it worth it for that day? Then onto the next days, if it's not a port intensive itinerary or you plan to stay on the ship, then it would be worth saving the 1st day cost and buying it on the 2nd morning.

We are sailing the Liberty in April, since the first 2 days are sea days I would normally pre-purchase a drink package. But Galveston has regulations about certain alcohol being served while you are still in Texas waters, so I'll use my C&A benefits for the first night and buy the package first thing on the 2nd day. Hope this makes some sense.

Laurie

It really depends on when you board that first day whether it is worth including it or not. If you are one of the early birds, before noon, you have a pretty much full day to use the package. On the other hand if you are towards the later to board it may not.

We have our yeah we are onboard and sail away drink before dinner, also factor in the couple bottles of water walking around. This is sometimes more than a normal port day. Not saying you need to buy but just something else to consider.