SDP/Platinum member

always

Thanks so much for all of your responses. I was only expecting 1 certificate, so if my husband and I can both get one, that is wonderful, since we are both platinum . You just made my day!

We're on the Spirit on 3/26, I'll report back whether or not my wife and I get certificates for being platinum.

We're on the Spirit on 3/26, I'll report back whether or not my wife and I get certificates for being platinum.

When we went in Dec. on Spirit the certificates said Le Bistro, La Cucina, or Moderno (which there is not one on Spirit). Since then it sounds like Moderno is no longer an option on the other ships. Let us know if you get both certificates. We sail on POA next week and will be upset if it is only one certificate.

We just came back from a B2B on the Spirit and we received 2 certificates for each week. The problem is that we didn't make reservations prior to leaving and we had difficulty getting reservations at all for the first week for anything after 9:00pm.

I never thought we would have had to make online reservations for the smaller ships as we have never had difficulty making reservations while on board.

You can use it in either Le Bistro or La Cuchina.

Was you last cruise while a la carte was in place? I think that's where the change comes in.

I had the one per course on the Escape. I'll be back on Saturday and will let you know if there is a change.

** Benefit entitles guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of their choice. Entrée item in Le Bistro excludes Homard Roti Au Beurre (lobster tail) and Cote De Boeuf Pour Deux (Angus beef ribeye steak for two). Entrée item in our Italian restaurant excludes Lobster Fra Diavolo (Maine lobster) and Bistecca Fiorentina (T-bone steak). Restrictions apply.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-details

1-23 cruise on the Escape and DH and I each got a voucher for two good at either Le Bistro or La Cucina and we used it both places. The exclusions were as noted in the Latitudes info as posted above. Unless you specifically ask about them, or happen to order an excluded item, you probably would not be aware.

We stuck to the 1, 1, and 1 for our orders as we were already aware of this rule, but we did ask what was excluded as we couldn't remember the items. The info was not offered when we were given our menus.

Reminder to those who said they had problems with reservations. Your Platinum status gets you concierge services also. Her phone number was listed on a letter or something left in our cabin at the start of the cruise. We did call her twice and she got us what we asked for immediately, so don't be afraid to call.

We just came back from a B2B on the Spirit and we received 2 certificates for each week. The problem is that we didn't make reservations prior to leaving and we had difficulty getting reservations at all for the first week for anything after 9:00pm.

I never thought we would have had to make online reservations for the smaller ships as we have never had difficulty making reservations while on board.

Can you make reservations - planning to use the certificate - before boarding?? I thought you'd have to make those reservations on board to avoid being charged at the time of booking or attaching one the the SDP meals to that reservation.

Our first NCL cruise had a perk of meals at certain restaurants included - but we could not make those reservations until we were on board. I assumed (yeah - I know :rolleyes:) that the Platinum certificate would be similar.

How have those with the Platinum certificate handled that in the past??

Can you make reservations - planning to use the certificate - before boarding?? I thought you'd have to make those reservations on board to avoid being charged at the time of booking or attaching one the the SDP meals to that reservation.

Now that they are a la carte there is no payment due when you reserve them.

Now that they are a la carte there is no payment due when you reserve them.

Ahh.....thanks, hadn't stop to think about that! :o

We've had UDP the last several times (including 3 weeks ago) so I haven't yet experienced the a la carte and SDP dining versions. But, we are booked on the Epic for next year so NOW I'm trying to figure how how it all works! ;)

Ahh.....thanks, hadn't stop to think about that! :o

We've had UDP the last several times (including 3 weeks ago) so I haven't yet experienced the a la carte and SDP dining versions. But, we are booked on the Epic for next year so NOW I'm trying to figure how how it all works! ;)

I just did my bookings for the Epic this spring. I bought a 3 meal SDP and we have our latitudes meals.

The only thing you need to remember is that having the SDP allows you to book that number of meals without charge, and any after that are chargeable on booking.

For that reason, you make sure that you reserve the fixed price venues first so it doesn't charge you, and then the a la carte ones where the charge is zero.

. . .

How have those with the Platinum certificate handled that in the past??

We reserve our platinum dinners (2) when we get onboard. If we can't get a decent time we call the Concierge to set up for us.

Didn't realize Moderno was no longer an option; we used it on Breakaway for platinum dinner this past summer, but it seems a lot has changed on NCL since then. LaCucina is not a restaurant we care for much.

Reading about these these changes is getting annoying. What else is NCL planning to take away from customers who have spent A LOT of money on their cruiseline. NCL is enjoying super-low fuel prices; nice of them to keep taking away while they are having major savings for the past months.

Edited by mizlorinj

We reserve our platinum dinners (2) when we get onboard. If we can't get a decent time we call the Concierge to set up for us.

Didn't realize Moderno was no longer an option; we used it on Breakaway for platinum dinner this past summer, but it seems a lot has changed on NCL since then. LaCucina is not a restaurant we care for much.

Reading about these these changes is getting annoying. What else is NCL planning to take away from customers who have spent A LOT of money on their cruiseline. NCL is enjoying super-low fuel prices; nice of them to keep taking away while they are having major savings for the past months.

I don't know if they are actually seeing any savings on fuel prices currently as they probably have a locked in price for a certain time period. But, when it is common for someone in a fine dining restaurant to order an appetizer first, and then either a soup or salad, or maybe both, to be told you can have only one of the three is a little much. It does come off as being really cheap when you look at their cost for a bowl of soup or a bowl of lettuce.

I don't know why they make that choice. When I go for my Platinum dinner, rather than thinking about how wonderful NCL is to award me with a free dinner, I am instead thinking the whole time how cheap they are, and I don't think that is their desired outcome.

Questions:

1. Not taking the speciality dining package as one of my choices. I am platinum but my cousin (cabin mate ) isn't . Does the "free" platinum dinner extend to both of us?

2. We will be on the Gem. What restaurants on board will accept the certificate?

3. How do we handle the gratuity for the meal?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

Questions:

Not taking the speciality dining package as one of my choices. I am platinum but my cousin (cabin mate ) isn't . Does the "free" platinum dinner extend to both of us?

We will be on the Gem. What restaurants on board will accept the certificate?

How do we handle the gratuity for the meal?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

It is a meal for two so you can take your cousin.

The certificate can be used in Le Bistro and La Cucina. If the ship is still on the old menus then maybe Moderno, but I doubt it.

We usually leave a gratuity, but it's optional. None is automatically added.

It is a meal for two so you can take your cousin.

The certificate can be used in Le Bistro and La Cucina. If the ship is still on the old menus then maybe Moderno, but I doubt it.

We usually leave a gratuity, but it's optional. None is automatically added.

Great!

That's good to know since we will also have the same situation when we sail on the Breakaway in November for 14 days.

MARAPRINCE

Just an update for those following this thread.

Elsewhere on this board, someone reporting live from the Gem has confirmed that they received two latitudes meal in the same cabin.

NCL phone staff seem to be keeping to their usual level of competence. :)

Just an update for those following this thread.

Elsewhere on this board, someone reporting live from the Gem has confirmed that they received two latitudes meal in the same cabin.

NCL phone staff seem to be keeping to their usual level of competence. :)

Works for me!!

• 2 weeks later...