Does Kennedy Space Center Sell Out?

egurbi

Do I need to worry that Kennedy Space Center will sell out tickets if I do not purchase them prior to day of arrival in port, or should I be ok in purchasing onsite day of arrival?

Bonus Question: Does anybody know of any discount deals or coupons readily available? It will be 5 adults for a day visit while in port.

Been there several times and always purchased tickets at the gate. I've never heard of them selling out. Slight discount, at the gate only I believe, of $4 for seniors (over 55). I think military (active, reserve or retired) is the same as seniors but has to be purchased in advance, however I can't swear to it.

Do I need to worry that Kennedy Space Center will sell out tickets if I do not purchase them prior to day of arrival in port, or should I be ok in purchasing onsite day of arrival?

Bonus Question: Does anybody know of any discount deals or coupons readily available? It will be 5 adults for a day visit while in port.

Not sure how soon your trip is but you may check with your local Congressman's office. At one time you could get free tickets from them if they had any available.

Not sure if it is stil possible, but worth checking on......

Have a great trip!!!

The free tickets given out by members of Congress was completely stopped a few years ago. At one point there were more free tickets being given out than paid admissions. I read an article about that in my local newspaper approximately four years ago.

The free tickets given out by members of Congress was completely stopped a few years ago. At one point there were more free tickets being given out than paid admissions. I read an article about that in my local newspaper approximately four years ago.

Thanks for the update on this.

It has been awhile since I had friends who were able to do this so I was unaware it was discontinued.

I just bought tickets online yesterday from KSC directly. Unless you are interested in doing the lunch with an astronaut there probably wouldn't be a problem with buying tickets at the gate. Not sure if they sell out of the lunch with an astronaut, but I didn't want to take any chances and miss it. Worth every penny in my book and my mom is really excited about it. We are sailing next month and there were no issues booking it.

Edited by Teeara

agree

some of the "extras" are limited in the number of spots, some are even only some days .... I especially like the tour that goes to the old stuff on the Air Force side of the facility ... but this one is only some days and only so many spots even then . .

https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/things-to-do/ksc-up-close-then-and-now-tour.aspx

you can save a few dollars buying in advance if you are a AAA member

or thru military MWR .... (tickets at Patrick AFB save around $7 per person)

Edited by Capt_BJ