Cabin service only once a day??

jealdaka

Excuse me what if someone get horrible service they should just suck it up...... I had horrible service on my last cruise and though I didn't remove the tips you can believe that I complained when I got home. I'm cruising again in June and you can bet if I have service like I did last May I might remove my tips. I don't think that is taking it out on the little guy as you say but simply me rewarding or not rewarding for bad service which is what a tip is all about correct. I can remove all tips and tip the dining staff and I already tip my bar waiters per drink they bring.

Personally I do not care if they add it to my cruise fare or not if I get horrible service I will be raising cane you can bet that.

Good for you!!:)

In 30 or so cruises with CCL over the past 20 years we have always gotten twice a day service and as far as we are concerned that is what we expect in paying the autotips.

If we are forced into once a day service we will continue to cruise with Carnival but think it is reasonable to adjust the autotip by some amount. Not by half as the steward will spend some amount above 50% of his previous time servicing our cabin.

I agree.

So you would deprive everyone of a tip because you are mad at the steward? Why should the dining room staff lose out? I really wish Carnival would build the tips into the price of the cruise,thereby eliminating the opportunity for people to weild those grats over the heads of the crew in a power trip

I didn't read that as if they were affecting anyone else but the steward. They stated cut in half to $8. Full total would then be $16, which is the total daily tips for a family of 4.

Power trip indeed. Its not only cruel it make absolutely NO sense for people to do this.

I been rallying and sending commentary to Carnival about building tips into the criuse price but apparently I'm one of a few, because people like to take it out on the little guy rather then complain to corporate where it belongs.

What makes you think they would want to start paying them now. They don't want the headache, the tax issues, the higher price points, none of it.

And we don't want it either.

LOL, oy vey, there's no power trip and no one likes to take it out on the little guy. We just want a good level of service provided for the price we pay. It is sad carnival created a system to penalize everyone when one worker doesn't perform satisfactory for the guest. But, on the flip side, the system also allows for the rewarding of individual workers when they perform great. That is why it is a gratuity and why it is discretionary.

Carnival could take some of their record profits and even pay their employees; radical thought.

Nope. CEO needs a larger bonus. Brilliant.

I honestly don't mind the cabin service being only one time a day. What was annoying was our cabin attendant (the Breeze) constantly knocking on our door in the mornings asking us when we were leaving or just barging in. We learned very quickly to engage the lock to keep him out.

Edited by Saltz

Excuse me what if someone get horrible service they should just suck it up...... I had horrible service on my last cruise and though I didn't remove the tips you can believe that I complained when I got home. I'm cruising again in June and you can bet if I have service like I did last May I might remove my tips. I don't think that is taking it out on the little guy as you say but simply me rewarding or not rewarding for bad service which is what a tip is all about correct. I can remove all tips and tip the dining staff and I already tip my bar waiters per drink they bring.

Personally I do not care if they add it to my cruise fare or not if I get horrible service I will be raising cane you can bet that.

And you have every right to. Tips should be earned.

I honestly don't mind the cabin service being only one time a day. What was annoying was our cabin attendant (the Breeze) constantly knocking on our door in the mornings asking us when we were leaving or just barging in. We learned very quickly to engage the lock to keep him out.

Just wondering if you had the snoozing card out and the steward kept trying anyway? Whenever I use the card on the door have never been disturbed.

• 1 month later...
Just wondering if you had the snoozing card out and the steward kept trying anyway? Whenever I use the card on the door have never been disturbed.

I've never had a problem using the snoozin' card. I also lock the door.