Tracy Arm boat excursion?

styme123

That is correct. They pull up along side the ship at Sawyer Island to take on passengers. It's a great excursion, we do it every other year. One year we go to Tracy Arm and the next year we go to Glacier Bay.

The Adventure Bound tour boat for Tracy Arm leaves at 11:45am

I think you mean the Allan Marine tour boat for Tracy Arm leaves at 11:45?

AdventureBound leaves at 7 or 8 am from Juneau.

I think you mean the Allan Marine tour boat for Tracy Arm leaves at 11:45?

AdventureBound leaves at 7 or 8 am from Juneau.

This is how I found out what time the boat for Tracy Arm - Adventure Bound leaves Juneau. Go to this web site http://www.adventureboundalaska.com/ click on “Book Now” it’s the blue button in the middle of the page. After you click on the blue “Book Now” button calendars will pop up. Select the date that you want to leave on and the time the boat leaves will pop up.

This is how I found out what time the boat for Tracy Arm - Adventure Bound leaves Juneau. Go to this web site http://www.adventureboundalaska.com/ click on “Book Now” it’s the blue button in the middle of the page. After you click on the blue “Book Now” button calendars will pop up. Select the date that you want to leave on and the time the boat leaves will pop up.

That is really weird.

If you click here: http://www.adventureboundalaska.com/reservations-and-rates.html

You can see they leave at 7:30 and 7:45.

I have gone with them a few times and they have always left early. Well - if anyone is interested - definitely call or email to find out. If they leave at 11:45, they would get back very late, past when most ships are in town. Right now, their schedule only works with a few ships. Maybe they are running a different boat for locals and those staying in town.

I assumed the time you quoted was for those doing the tour through the ship - as I have not done that before, I didn't know what time they did this. Sorry for confusion.

Edited by Coral

Adventure abound leaves too early for me to go. One at 7:30 one at 7:45. The princess doesn't get into port till 11:00:(

If you are RT out of Seattle and going to GB - you can't go AdventureBound due to time constraints. You will have to save that for another cruise to Alaska.

There is a lot to do in Juneau. I would look at other options.

Coral, what cruise line do you use to get you to Juneau in time for the Adventure Bound excursion? I've been to Juneau three times, the fourth time next month, and we invariably get there way too late.

Northbound Princess from Vancouver to Whittier.

I believe the ships get to Juneau at 8. If you call them to make reservations - they will work with you to get to their ship. The last time, they picked me up at my ship.

FWIW - I preferred Tracy Arm (on Adventure Bound) to Glacier Bay, we were lower in the water & closer to the glaciers.

The problem is that Tracy Arm is often blocked from boats/ships or it takes too much time for the ships to get there and they can't go. Two of my times with AdventureBound - we did not get to the glaciers. One time we did not due to timing and navigating through ice, second time, we just went to Endicott Arm. Thus I think it is important to have Glacier Bay on the schedule.

I have booked a Princess excursion of Tracy Arm that returns to the ship at 1 pm. I would like to book another ship excursion...one at 2:30pm or one at 3 pm. Will I have enough time to get something to eat on the ship between the first and possible second tour (specifically the 2:30 one)?

If I decide to visit Mendenhall Glacier via the blue bus, instead of doing a second excursion, will I be able to but tickets mid afternoon for the blue bus?

You should be Ok with a 3pm excursion, 2:30pm you might be cutting it a little close. The last time we went on the Tracy Arm excursion we got back to the ship at about 1:15 or so, then everyone on the excursion boat had to go back though security, it was about 1:50pm by the time we got up to the Horizon Court for a quick bite to eat and then off the ship again and into Juneau.

Yes you can buy tickets for the Blue in the afternoon. Beware that the last comes back at 6pm.

I have booked a Princess excursion of Tracy Arm that returns to the ship at 1 pm. I would like to book another ship excursion...one at 2:30pm or one at 3 pm. Will I have enough time to get something to eat on the ship between the first and possible second tour (specifically the 2:30 one)?

If I decide to visit Mendenhall Glacier via the blue bus, instead of doing a second excursion, will I be able to but tickets mid afternoon for the blue bus?

We did this excursion, we were able to get on the last blue bus to Mendenhall. As a consequence, we only had a short time there as we had to get on the last blue bus back to the ship - well before the park closed or the ship set sail.:rolleyes: