Adult olny pool escape

LovetheCubs

Yes it's first come first serve for the chairs. No pool, just a grotto (little cave with some misting and water falls). Get there early on sea days if you want to find a place to sit.

Yes it's first come first serve for the chairs. No pool, just a grotto (little cave with some misting and water falls). Get there early on sea days if you want to find a place to sit.

How early is early? Just curious. Is it as bad as the main pool deck area for chairs after a certain time?

How early is early? Just curious. Is it as bad as the main pool deck area for chairs after a certain time?

Well we had kids with us so we only visited there for a short while as opposed to actually lounging there and it was always packed, but my sister and brother in law tried to sit there on one of the sea days and had a hard time finding two chairs together when they got there around 10am. The main pool area seats were usually gone by about 730am and by about 9am it was almost impossible to find a seat anywhere near the pools. While the ship overall is pretty nice, the pool deck is the worst of any cruise I have been on.

Well we had kids with us so we only visited there for a short while as opposed to actually lounging there and it was always packed, but my sister and brother in law tried to sit there on one of the sea days and had a hard time finding two chairs together when they got there around 10am. The main pool area seats were usually gone by about 730am and by about 9am it was almost impossible to find a seat anywhere near the pools. While the ship overall is pretty nice, the pool deck is the worst of any cruise I have been on.

7:30? Good God ya'll.

Every night I am about to click and reserve my first NCL cruise but things like this stop me....argh!

There are plenty of chairs all over the ship. You don't need to get up at the crack of dawn. Unless, of course, you MUST sit in a specific area......then, you are just limiting your choices.

I suppose I don't HAVE to,but I prefer an adults only area like H2O. I think I've decided that if I can get to H2O early enough on sea days, that I don't have to go insane trying to get Vibe passes. Would anyone agree with that? Never been on NCL so any insight is much appreciated.

My gripe about NCL, pool decks, pools too small and lack of public space around ships more so than other cruise lines. It's all those pay extra places taking up floor space. Getting worse on all of them.

Thanks for the info. I knew about all of the extra pay places but never considered the fact that they may have taken away from public areas. I'm usually a Celebrity person but they are boring me to death at night so I'm considering a bottom of the barrel totally no frills inside room to just try NCL. Now I see their inside is 135ft. Good night. I'm going to be staying in a closet! HA. Eh...it will be an adventure I suppose.

7:30? Good God ya'll.

Every night I am about to click and reserve my first NCL cruise but things like this stop me....argh!

It was pretty bad for our sailing, especially since we had kids with us. We wanted to be somewhat close to the kids area to keep an eye on them, so that made it even harder to find a spot. What makes it bad is they just don't have enough pools and the pool deck layout is terrible. . If you sit anywhere in the front of the ship you would have a very long walk to the pool and back. Now all that being said, I don't know if I would let that stop me from booking if the price was right and I didn't take the kids. If you have children though, especially young ones, I would look elsewhere. IMO this ship is not very child oriented or family friendly.

I suppose I don't HAVE to,but I prefer an adults only area like H2O. I think I've decided that if I can get to H2O early enough on sea days, that I don't have to go insane trying to get Vibe passes. Would anyone agree with that? Never been on NCL so any insight is much appreciated.

Took the words right out of my mouth, I'm traveling alone to relax and have a good time. Depending on the ship and when you're leaving I can tell you what I would do..