Princess Best of Bangkok' excursion question

JIMDSB2

It takes hours to get from the port of Laem Chabang to Bangkok in traffic. It is stressful. When you get there is is strenuous climbing and walking all over Bangkok. I would recommend a private tour company that we used (excellent) called "Oriental Escapes Thailand", they have an office in Chonburi provence. There were four of us, and an airconditioned mini bus, with driver Bill, who met our Princess ship at Laem Chabang and took us to Nong Nooch gardens & elephant show, Pattaya Look down for photos and also the floating market. It was very reasonable and reliable. We booked it on line, and was amazing. Chonburi provence has as much to offer in a day, such as temples and buddahs too. I would give the Princess excursion a miss at this port, because it is such a long way to Bangkok (which is just another metropolis), 130 Km away is 81 miles away. People dont realise how far it is from the port, and all the big ships can not make it to Bangkok port.

Edited by OZdownunder2013
too long ago

The port as others have said is not in Bangkok and it will take almost 90 minutes to get to Bangkok by car without traffic, longer on average when you have traffic. I lived in Thailand for about 8 years, and I also would allow two hours for this trip even at night. If your cruise is staying overnight you can go into Bangkok. If not Many places around the port or with 30 minutes of the port. While I do not like Royal Tours if I had limited time I would book a tour through Royal because when the tour is late coming back Royal will wait.