Which HMC Cabana??

denas

I know somewhere I have seen detailed descriptions of all of the cabanas, but hoping someone can just tell me which ones would be best for our circumstances. My youngest son has multiple disabilities so trying to figure out a good option for us. We also have two other kids who clearly do not want to be too far from the "fun".

My son is 6 and while he can walk, we do use a pediatric wheelchair for distances so we would like something relatively close to a paved walkway to get back to the trams and to lunch, etc. His wheel chair collapses so we try not to use a HC accessible cabana as others have more mobility issues than he does!

We don't want to hear a lot of loud music (again this really bugs my little guy) so looking for somewhere generally not so loud. Music is fine/blaring music is not. We don't think we want to be as far away as possible from the action because (again) getting from point a to b is a little challenging.

Any recommendations on which cabana number we should request when we get onboard?

Thanks

I would recommend cabana #1 (Taupe). It has a paved pathway leading directly into the cabana and is designed for those with mobility issues.

It's far enough away from Captain Morgan's bar, so you shouldn't have any noise problems. Close to bathrooms and food.

Edited by Typhoon1

I found this You Tube a good visual comparison. Videographer takes a walk down the entire beach so you get a good idea where they're located and near which amenities.

Thanks for posting that video. I read somewhere that there is a tram that takes people to their cabana. Does anyone know if that is true or not?

Yes, there is a tram. However, as discussed in many threads here, it is NOT very accessible (steep steps into the back of a truck with seats), so if mobility is the issue, a low numbered cabana is probably the best solution.

We rode the tram the first of our 6 cabanas. We now just walk down the beach. It isn't hard (we don't have mobility issues ), and we always get #9 or higher. It is a great walk.