Which HMC Cabana??

denas

I posted this in the ports of call board as well, but thought more experienced Carnival cruisers might be more likely to see it here. I know somewhere I have seen detailed descriptions of all of the cabanas, but hoping someone can just tell me which ones would be best for our circumstances. My youngest son has multiple disabilities so trying to figure out a good option for us. We also have two other kids who clearly do not want to be too far from the "fun".

My son is 6 and while he can walk, we do use a pediatric wheelchair for distances so we would like something relatively close to a paved walkway to get back to the trams and to lunch, etc. His wheel chair collapses so we try not to use a HC accessible cabana as others have more mobility issues than he does! But the chair weights 50 pounds and carrying that and a child gets really tough so don't want to move too far.

We don't want to hear a lot of loud music (again this really bugs my little guy) so looking for somewhere generally not so loud. Music is fine/blaring music is not. We don't think we want to be as far away as possible from the action because (again) getting from point a to b is a little challenging and my other kids are going to want to be in the heart of the fun.

Any recommendations on which cabana number we should request when we get onboard?

Thanks

We have had 8 before and it is close to the tram route, but it is a short, but king of steep walk down to the cabin from there (applies to 6 & 7 as well). The folks on HMC will be happy to assist you and they do have the big sand wheel wheelchairs for use on the island if it is needed. #8 is also close to the restrooms.

Edited by K&RCurt

How can you pick your favorite cabana with the staggered boarding? If you have a late boarding time, one can only pick from the leftovers from what early boarders didn't want? (Just asking:))

Pretty much. More reason to purchase FTTF if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

One is first, and farthest away from the loud pirate bar. The paved sidewalk goes past 10, that's the one we had. It will be less crowded the farther you go, so that's something to consider. The lunch is served up behind the pirate bar.

When you first board the ship the people checking you in will direct you to go immediately to the excursion desk to pick your cabana. I had FTTF and got my first choice. It is first come first served so if you have one in mind try to board early, or buy FTTF. Sounds like you have your hands full so I'd really try to get FTTF if I were you.

I could be wrong, but I think you should be able to use the shuttle to take you to your cabana. I would suggest cabanas 1-3 or 6-8.

cabanas.jpg

Actually, I would avoid #1 - #3. Those three are closest to where people come in from the tender, and the beach area gets really crowded. You'll be constantly chasing kids away that will want to take your floating mats and other beach gear.

So I think I'll try for 6-8 and deal with a steep hill? I don't want to be chasing everyone away from my stuff!!

Thanks for the info on the beach wheelchairs! My little guy doesn't sit in them very well because he needs a harness/strap, but he is a little bigger from the last time we tried so it might work now. I didn't realize they had them.

We debated the FTTF. We are supposed to have priority boarding (via special needs department) and with the cabana purchase, I figure we get priority tenders. Anyway, by the time I decided to get it just in case they were sold out. I'll keep trying or email them. I'm amazed how quickly the shore excursion people respond to emails!

I really appreciate everyone's advice. We don't sail until July, but I am trying to get everything in order now.

I posted this in the ports of call board as well, but thought more experienced Carnival cruisers might be more likely to see it here. I know somewhere I have seen detailed descriptions of all of the cabanas, but hoping someone can just tell me which ones would be best for our circumstances. My youngest son has multiple disabilities so trying to figure out a good option for us. We also have two other kids who clearly do not want to be too far from the "fun".

My son is 6 and while he can walk, we do use a pediatric wheelchair for distances so we would like something relatively close to a paved walkway to get back to the trams and to lunch, etc. His wheel chair collapses so we try not to use a HC accessible cabana as others have more mobility issues than he does! But the chair weights 50 pounds and carrying that and a child gets really tough so don't want to move too far.

We don't want to hear a lot of loud music (again this really bugs my little guy) so looking for somewhere generally not so loud. Music is fine/blaring music is not. We don't think we want to be as far away as possible from the action because (again) getting from point a to b is a little challenging and my other kids are going to want to be in the heart of the fun.

Any recommendations on which cabana number we should request when we get onboard?

Thanks

I would email the excursion desk and inform them of your situation. They may be able to reserve one for you under the circumstances. I did this for my father in law who was in a wheel chair and they were very helpful. Unfortunately, HMC was switched to Nassau before we sailed and we didn't need the cabana any longer.

But, it is worth try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would email the excursion desk and inform them of your situation. They may be able to reserve one for you under the circumstances. I did this for my father in law who was in a wheel chair and they were very helpful. Unfortunately, HMC was switched to Nassau before we sailed and we didn't need the cabana any longer.

But, it is worth try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. It is worth a shot. The worst that can happen is they say "no"! We are sailing Carnival again this summer specifically because the last time we sailed them they went above and beyond in accommodating my son. In fact we have sailed Disney three times and we tried RCCL last summer and Carnival has both of those cruise lines beat hands down for accommodating special needs kids in my experience (which actually surprises me because we paid quite a bit more on both of those lines!)