Week of 21st Birthday

carnival03

After reading this thread I am surprised that any of us Baby Boomers are still alive and that many of us are still active and healthy into our 70s since we were born from mothers who smoke and drank (who knew it was "bad" for us then) all through their pregnancies. We also matured and grew into adults despite the drinking age being 18, smoking wasn't prohibited at any age, and we spent our (misspent) youth toking up at every opportunity. And to be perfectly clear the use of WE isn't a universal we (though many can't comprehend that) but the WE of my friends, acquaintances, and the thousands of people I personally grew up with . People need to worry about society less and stop being so quick to judge "what others do".

After reading this thread I am surprised that any of us Baby Boomers are still alive and that many of us are still active and healthy into our 70s since we were born from mothers who smoke and drank (who knew it was "bad" for us then) all through their pregnancies. We also matured and grew into adults despite the drinking age being 18, smoking wasn't prohibited at any age, and we spent our (misspent) youth toking up at every opportunity. And to be perfectly clear the use of WE isn't a universal we (though many can't comprehend that) but the WE of my friends, acquaintances, and the thousands of people I personally grew up with . People need to worry about society less and stop being so quick to judge "what others do".

No kidding. Now every other person you meet has a child with autism, a deadly allergy, or some disease or handicap you didn't even know was a thing. I spend a lot of time wondering what has changed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No kidding. Now every other person you meet has a child with autism, a deadly allergy, or some disease or handicap you didn't even know was a thing. I spend a lot of time wondering what has changed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Two words: government funds.

I love the "I did it and didn't die" mentality as if that somehow proves an activity isn't dangerous.

Tens of thousands of babies are born each year fetal alcohol syndrome or born with complications due to the mother smoking. A normal person tries to reduce the risk during pregnancy as much as possible. Selfish people that shouldn't reproduce continue to smoke and drink.

If you can't make a sacrifice for nine months to increase your odds of having a healthy baby then I feel sorry for that child because chances are they ended up with crappy parents.

I love the "I did it and didn't die" mentality as if that somehow proves an activity isn't dangerous.

Tens of thousands of babies are born each year fetal alcohol syndrome or born with complications due to the mother smoking. A normal person tries to reduce the risk during pregnancy as much as possible. Selfish people that shouldn't reproduce continue to smoke and drink.

If you can't make a sacrifice for nine months to increase your odds of having a healthy baby then I feel sorry for that child because chances are they ended up with crappy parents.

Another reason to not have kids.

I don't think Sweet Dutch Girl is suggesting that drinking & smoking while pregnant is good for you or the baby. However, years ago, they didn't know that it was harmful to baby or yourself. Times have changed.

I don't think Sweet Dutch Girl is suggesting that drinking & smoking while pregnant is good for you or the baby. However, years ago, they didn't know that it was harmful to baby or yourself. Times have changed.

And it's "STILL" a parent's decision, even with all the medical knowledge out there, to make the "DECISION" of whether to follow the sound advice or to choose to follow a different path. I'm just saying that millions of us were born to Mother's who smoke and drank during their pregnancies and we ended up fine. It's a roll of the dice and and in all 'GAMBLING' ventures it is best to eliminate the unfavorable odds, but that is a choice individuals make. Again, I don't think it is up to us, on these boards, to condemn people for their choices and to insinuate that they are bad or horrible people. It's a proven fact that obesity, sedentary life styles, environmental choices are all health risks but we see thousands of people choose to ignore the risks. Are they all bad and horrible people....I think not.

Once you are 21, you will be able to purchase drinks.

The only downside is in order to get the Cheers package, you need to be 21 on embarkation day. You cannot purchase it for the day you turn 21 and for the remainder of the cruise.