? Grand Asia in 2017 ?

Mikey66

I was told that and put down a deposit when I was on the Prinsendam in June. The latest I saw on the WC thread was that it would be released "soon" but I think that was a month ago.

Roy

They expect to announce this 78 day Grand Voyage from Seattle to San Diego within next 30 days. Will be fall 2017...about 90pct firm.....but could change

We're hearing HAL may bring back the Grand Asia Voyage in 2017 -- there was discussion of this on the 2016 World Cruise, now in progress. Anyone have any updates? Thanks!

This was posted January 21. They're well beyond the 30 day mark so something is strange.

Roy

This was posted January 21. They're well beyond the 30 day mark so something is strange.

Roy

They probably have the Koningsdam's debut on their mind :)

My thoughts are all the new itineraries will be released on April 1 - then we can start planning :p

According to those on the world cruise it will be an 80 day cruise round trip from San Diego and leaving October 1, 2017. They said the details would be released before the end of the world cruise. Those currently on board could put a $100 future cruise credit deposit on it if they wanted to.

I was recently looking at some info for the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal in Hong kong and noticed the Amsterdam is due in there Nov 1st and 2nd 2017. Of course that might be subject to change.

Someone on the world cruise was nice enough to post this picture of the proposed itinerary. I've never attached a photo before so I hope this works!!

1464720473_Grand-AsiacruiseHAL.jpg.923238fe547fda6810dec711a5e73822.jpg

Thank you although that makes me sad. I'd hoped to be able to do the first half in time to fly to Rome in time for the (11/2) Prinsendam Transatlantic. It looks like I'll need to choose one of the other. I think it will be the GWV unless I can do a similar itinerary sooner on the Volendam.

Roy

Thank you although that makes me sad. I'd hoped to be able to do the first half in time to fly to Rome in time for the (11/2) Prinsendam Transatlantic. It looks like I'll need to choose one of the other. I think it will be the GWV unless I can do a similar itinerary sooner on the Volendam.

Roy

They do TA's every year - many of them. The Pacific-Asia GWV is unique and is not done every year. Two entirely different continents. And what a great itinerary! Hope that we can take it.

We've already made our reservations for this cruise. We plan to stay on the Amsterdam for the Panama Canal cruise after this and then the World Cruise in 2018.

Should be a kick.

By the way, I'm sitting in the terminal in Singapore (with their great wifi), while I'm sending this message.

Scott & Karen

We've booked this too and I just found this thread. We LOVE this itinerary!! We've been waiting with bated breath for them to bring back this Grand as it's our favorite one.

Linda R.

According to those on the world cruise it will be an 80 day cruise round trip from San Diego and leaving October 1, 2017. They said the details would be released before the end of the world cruise. Those currently on board could put a $100 future cruise credit deposit on it if they wanted to.

I was recently looking at some info for the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal in Hong kong and noticed the Amsterdam is due in there Nov 1st and 2nd 2017. Of course that might be subject to change.

Someone on the world cruise was nice enough to post this picture of the proposed itinerary. I've never attached a photo before so I hope this works!!

Oh, I knew that. I just didn't realize cruzingnut and cavediving were on the world cruise. Thanks.

This has been going on for a while. I put down my deposit while on the Prinsendam in May/June.

Roy

Thanks for posting this, to many of the ports we are doing in 2016,. Will Holland still do a South Pacific 53 day? ??

We put down a deposit on this non-existent cruise while we were on the 2015 World.

We have been anxiously waiting a decision by HAL whether they will be bringing it back.

Thank you Orlando. Thank you:D

We put down a deposit on this non-existent cruise while we were on the 2015 World.

We have been anxiously waiting a decision by HAL whether they will be bringing it back.

Thank you Orlando. Thank you:D

I also put a deposit on WC 2015. A couple of weeks ago I reconfirmed with the WC desk I had a deposit for it.

I also put a deposit on WC 2015. A couple of weeks ago I reconfirmed with the WC desk I had a deposit for it.

With all these people putting deposits on this very welcome cruise I'm really hoping there will be a room left for me when it's finally released to the public :):):D

The proposed dates don't work for me. To return so close to Christmas, that is a problem for me.

I hope some acceptable segments will be available.

But look at it this way: It gets you out of the work of decorating and undecorating!

However, this cruise does start a month later than it used to. Does anyone remember where the Amsterdam usually sailed after returning to the West Coast from the GV Pacific? Apparently, whatever it was is no longer to be.