Dawn owners suite with two balconies

BrueDragon

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which suite is the biggest and / or has the biggest balconies? Also any photos of said suite would be sweet :)

Thank you all in advance :cool:

The Owners Suites on Dawn (and Pearl/Jewel/etc.) are set up so that the 2 on Deck 9 have larger balconies, and the 2 on Deck 10 have slightly larger interiors.

But the balconies on Deck 10 are still quite large.

Note that when one is at the front of the balcony in any of the 4, you'd be visible from above (but not when you step back a bit).

Perhaps someone could confirm whether all 4 of them have the dining table?

Both have similar side balconies.

I'm told that all four have a dining table but only the two on deck 10 have a dining alcove. I was in 10006 on the Dawn....and it was a great suite!! The front balcony is visible from up top....but I had nothing to hide! The starboard deck is very long with table with chairs and a couple chaises as well. I wouldn't hesitate to book this suite again!!;)

I'm told that all four have a dining table but only the two on deck 10 have a dining alcove. I was in 10006 on the Dawn....and it was a great suite!! The front balcony is visible from up top....but I had nothing to hide! The starboard deck is very long with table with chairs and a couple chaises as well. I wouldn't hesitate to book this suite again!!;)

Thanks very much.

This answers our question of some time now... until we actually sail in one of these OS :)

We were told that there was no full table in the Deck 9 suites.

We prefer the extra room, but as long as they all have dining tables, that's fine.

(I am curious about what "happens" to that alcove space on Deck 9, and why the difference.)

We were in the Dawn DOS on our first cruise with NCL, and although we LOVED those full floor-to-ceiling walls of windows, those forward balconies on Decks 9 and 10 looked very inviting.

(We could only see folks on those forward balconies if they were at the front part of it. And mostly, the view to sea - or to approaching land - was MUCH more interesting than the heads of a few people standing a few decks below. And most of the time, we were back a few steps, and seated, in which case, nothing much below was visible, but the sea in front of us. Nice!)

We are very much looking forward to a few trips in one of those OS suites!

Thanks very much.

This answers our question of some time now... until we actually sail in one of these OS :)

We were told that there was no full table in the Deck 9 suites.

We prefer the extra room, but as long as they all have dining tables, that's fine.

(I am curious about what "happens" to that alcove space on Deck 9, and why the difference.)

We were in the Dawn DOS on our first cruise with NCL, and although we LOVED those full floor-to-ceiling walls of windows, those forward balconies on Decks 9 and 10 looked very inviting.

(We could only see folks on those forward balconies if they were at the front part of it. And mostly, the view to sea - or to approaching land - was MUCH more interesting than the heads of a few people standing a few decks below. And most of the time, we were back a few steps, and seated, in which case, nothing much below was visible, but the sea in front of us. Nice!)

We are very much looking forward to a few trips in one of those OS suites!

I just looked at cruise deck plans dot com and there are pictures of both deck 9 and 10 OS suites. They both have dining tables but I can't figure out why the layouts aren't the same! I wish I knew how to post pictures on here!!!

The deck 10 side balcony is hulled....which I rather enjoyed! We were on a Canada/New England cruise and the hulled balcony cut down on getting wet when it drizzled! I also looked back at my pictures and the table on the side balcony had 4 chairs.....

You are going to love this suite!! Have fun!!!!

Right, the ones on 9 don't have the dining alcove.

To the OP - there are at least 2 fairly long threads (although maybe last posted on about a year ago) with pictures if you do a search.

When are you sailing? If it is after the drydock in June I'm suspecting they will change the carpet and some furniture as they did on the Star.

To the OP - there are at least 2 fairly long threads (although maybe last posted on about a year ago) with pictures if you do a search.

When are you sailing? If it is after the drydock in June I'm suspecting they will change the carpet and some furniture as they did on the Star.

Any idea why the suites differ on the 2 decks, or what is done with the "alcove" space in the Deck 9 OS?

Just curious...

Thanks.

Yes we will be sailing after she is out of dry dock. Thank you for the info on the posts I've been having a hard time finding pictures, now I have at least some sort of a time line :)

Any idea why the suites differ on the 2 decks, or what is done with the "alcove" space in the Deck 9 OS?

Just curious...

Thanks.

I haven't had the OS on the Dawn but did on the Gem. We were on deck 9. We had a large dining table but instead of an alcove for it, the living/dining room was one large rectangle shaped room. Layout was fine without the alcove.

Just curious...

Thanks.

Not sure why they are different on Star/Dawn 9 vs. 10. There is a good youtube of the one on 9 that shows the layout - basically 9 has more of a flat wall where the alcove is for the ones on 10. As said, 9 supposedly have a bigger balcony but 10's are supposedly larger inside.

The layout is very similar on Jewel class ships except as I can tell they don't have a door that closes between the main bedroom and living room - I believe it is just a heavy curtain whereas the Dawn/Star have the doors plus curtain.