Help! Freedom vs. Oasis/Allure

... Our absolute FAVORITE is adventure. Yes, it's older and it could prob use a little updating. But the ports are by far the best in the Caribbean!! The itineraries have 5 days of ports, and just one sea day. And you get to sail out of San Juan which is lovely in itself. If you are looking for beautiful beaches this is the way to go. And the staff on adventure are so nice. We always found numerous groups of new friends on board, and so easy to run into people. It still has a promenade which I love...
I have sailed 3 times on Oasis, 2 on Allure and 3 on Freedom (and multiple times on Freedom's two sisters). I have not sailed on Adventure (but have sailed on her sisters), and it is very similar to Freedom - same deck plan, just 92 feet shorter, but not quite all the bells and whistles. Adventure has great itineraries, and if I didn't winter in FL and drive to cruises I'd be much more seriously considering it. If OP is going to fly to FL, it is not that much more expensive to fly to SJU. Look at the itinerary and if you like it consider Mary521's suggestion.

Thom

Now - if we were traveling without kids I would pick neither of those! Our absolute FAVORITE is adventure. Yes, it's older and it could prob use a little updating. But the ports are by far the best in the Caribbean!! The itineraries have 5 days of ports, and just one sea day. And you get to sail out of San Juan which is lovely in itself. If you are looking for beautiful beaches this is the way to go. And the staff on adventure are so nice. We always found numerous groups of new friends on board, and so easy to run into people. It still has a promenade which I love.

Really - you can't go wrong with any, and if you are looking for a good time you will find it on any ship [emoji4]. Let us know what u pick!

Really? I have yet to be on either, but I would think either would be great for (pre-teen) kids with the DreamWorks experience. It was part of our reason for selecting Allure for our upcoming cruise. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Adventure has that)

Really? I have yet to be on either, but I would think either would be great for (pre-teen) kids with the DreamWorks experience. It was part of our reason for selecting Allure for our upcoming cruise. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Adventure has that)

Sorry, just reread and the poster said "without" kids. Misread. Ignore my above post (can no longer edit it)

Thank you all so much for your help. I've decided to book Liberty this time. Where I am booking is offering a few bonuses for this cruise so it just ekes out Oasis/Allure. I definitely want to sail an Oasis class sometime soon, but it will have to wait for now.

I meant to say I decided on Freedom. No idea why I said Liberty. No longer able to edit the post though. Anyway, thanks again for everyone's help. I'm sure we'll love our cruise on Freedom and eventually sail an Oasis class in the future.

I meant to say I decided on Freedom. No idea why I said Liberty. No longer able to edit the post though. Anyway, thanks again for everyone's help. I'm sure we'll love our cruise on Freedom and eventually sail an Oasis class in the future.

I hope you really enjoy Freedom. She is a lovely ship with plenty to do. We sailed on Freedom last year and had a wonderful time. There were plenty of couples without kids- from 20s on up. Our roll call/Meet & Mingle ended up with a great group of folks. We felt like we were old friends by the time we boarded the ship.

We are sailing Allure in a couple of weeks with family- parents, my brother/SIL and 2 nieces. Husband and I are 40's/50's- no kids. I will let you know how I feel about it when I get back.

If you are going on the Western side, I do like the fact that Freedom does get to go to Grand Cayman. I love Grand Cayman, probably my favorite port. It is just so beautiful.

I am a little nervous about how Allure will feel more like a floating resort than a ship, but it's a vacation with the family so I don't particularly care.

I know some of the ships will be relocating, but I am very hopeful I will be able to sail on Freedom again in the not so distant future.

I've been on both the Freedom and Liberty, and the Oasis and Allure( with upcoming cruises on the Allure and Harmony).

They both have their pros

Freedom class pros

- more ocean views. On the big ships you really need a balcony to see the water.

- solarium pool- I liked getting a drink and sitting on the bar stools under the bridge.

- outdoor Johnny Rockets seating

- gym with complimentary access to steam room and sauna

- access to the helipad

- Viking crown lounge(for now,anyway)

Oasis class pros

- Aqua theatre

- many more dining options

- entertainment place

- more activities ...not that we were bored on Fos but they need to have a full slate of activities to prevent overcrowding.

I love both ships for different reasons

• 1 month later...

This thread has been both helpful and confusing for me :p

I love the idea of the size of Freedom and I think I prefer the ports she is going to for Western Carribean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel). But - the ship is almost fully booked and not sure I can bring myself to pay more for Freedom than Oasis.

The Oasis itinerary we are looking at is Cozumel, Labadee, Falmouth. But I want to be able to see the sea! (and not just from my stateroom).

Traveling with 2 kids (9 and 6) and Oasis actually works out to be less $$ (or, to keep it close, would be OV on the Freedom and Balacony on Oasis).

So, WITH kids - which would you choose? Oasis or Freedom? (looking at the itineraries too).

OV on Freedom and Balcony on Oasis are around $100 difference - so cost isn't the biggest driver. Though I think I would prefer to have a balcony, I'm questioning the itineraries.

If you like snorkeling, I'd go with the Roatan itinerary. Otherwise, the itineraries are a push for me.

I'd go with the Freedom bc of the ports. The least amount of days at sea the better with kids for me. If you are going on a cruise see all that you can and make memories with the kiddos at the different ports. You can't go wrong either way though. Have fun!

Wondering if there was any late nite dining available on either ship class. Can't decide on Allure or Freedom for our March 2017 cruise. Would like to be able to go get a deli sandwich or something similar usually around 10-11pm. Wouldn't want my only choice to be pizza like it was on the Independence last year. Thanks in advance!

I like both ships but I prefer freedom. Oasis class ship is a ship that you need to visit at least once but once you had the experience you will rather sail in another class ship. Oasis is amazing but there are extra charge for things that are free in other classes and you need to book in advance your entertainment. Oasis was the only ship I had to make a line to enter the Buffett since it was full most of the time. Last but not least oasis itinerary is pretty boring.

This thread has been both helpful and confusing for me [emoji14]

I love the idea of the size of Freedom and I think I prefer the ports she is going to for Western Carribean (Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel). But - the ship is almost fully booked and not sure I can bring myself to pay more for Freedom than Oasis.

The Oasis itinerary we are looking at is Cozumel, Labadee, Falmouth. But I want to be able to see the sea! (and not just from my stateroom).

Traveling with 2 kids (9 and 6) and Oasis actually works out to be less $$ (or, to keep it close, would be OV on the Freedom and Balacony on Oasis).

So, WITH kids - which would you choose? Oasis or Freedom? (looking at the itineraries too).

We just went on Allure, the sister ship of Oasis with our kids 10 and 6 ( so similar ages) and they loved it. And with Oasis you have the Aqua Theatre. But I'm sure Freedom is great too.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Wondering if there was any late nite dining available on either ship class. Can't decide on Allure or Freedom for our March 2017 cruise. Would like to be able to go get a deli sandwich or something similar usually around 10-11pm. Wouldn't want my only choice to be pizza like it was on the Independence last year. Thanks in advance!

Went on Liberty last May and just got off Allure last month. Someone on here will definitely correct me if I'm wrong, but for late night eats the ships were pretty similar (with Sorrento's and Cafe Promenade). The main difference was that Sorrento's had made to order pizza on Allure rather than the premade slices on Liberty. It was actually much better than the slices, IMO.

Been on freedom, ind, and Liberty multiple times and oasis class about 10 times. If price is similar I'd go oasis class every time without hesitation. There really is nothing like oasis class. Yes there are a few cons that have been mentioned but the pros outweigh them by so much. If you have kids oasis class would be way better. If you dont and are active oasis class wins easily as well. If in doubt go oasis class. I can't see any way someone would regret it.

I plan on booking a cruise this Oct/November and have narrowed it down to either Freedom or Oasis/Allure. All cruises are close enough in price that it won't be a deciding factor. All are 7 days with virtually identical itineraries (Freedom has a stop in Grand Cayman, the others don't) so that's not really going to be a deciding factor for me either. I've been on 2 cruises before; Grandeur of the Seas and Carnival Pride, so either of these ships will be quite a bit larger that what I've experienced in the past. Any personal experiences on why you've chosen or liked Freedom over Oasis/Allure or vice versa would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I should add it's just my wife and I, mid 30s. We don't have kids, so things for kids to do is a non issue. On past cruises we've enjoyed things like comedy shows/club, trivia, piano bar and relaxing in the adult pool areas.

Oasis class are great! Make sure you stay up all night and just enjoy yourselves at all the clubs. We did it a few years ago and I am mid 30's and wife a few years older.

It really depends on you. If you are looking for non stop action, and feeling like you are in a resort on land take Oasis class. It is like a floating resort. If you like feeling more connected to the ocean try Freedom. For me, there is so much to do on Oasis, that I never truly relax. I actually enjoy a little less on vacation so I can just sit and watch the ocean go by without stressing that I am missing something. ( I tend to be very AADD!) I also find the size of the cabins on Oasis VERY small and I am claustrophobic but we have done 3 sailings on that class so would do it again if price is right. I hope you enjoy your cruise enough to come back and try the other class as well