Carnival $100 Gift Card for $80-3/13 only till 9pm PT

4_THE_HALIBUT

Could you check your paypal account. Even though I did the 20 off and it showed a purchase of 82.99 on ebay, my paypal was charged 102.99.

My paypal email said 102.99 but my credit card was only charged 82.99. Try logging into PayPal to verify

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My confirmation email did say my Paypal total was $100 but when I logged into PayPal it showed the charge was $80.

Hopefully they are not taking the 100 out of my account. Thanks for checking. It shows the 82.99 on the paypal account.

I logged into my paypal and it shows $80 ebay purchase. I also had no problem getting the egift card.

Good luck!

Worked for me too. E-mail says $100 was charged but paypal account shows only $80. Also no problem getting the e-gift card.

My confirmation email did say my Paypal total was $100 but when I logged into PayPal it showed the charge was $80.
Mine was too but when wife tried to get us a second card she applied the code and it showed $82.99. she clicked place order and $102.99 was taken out of her paypal.

Could you check your paypal account. Even though I did the 20 off and it showed a purchase of 82.99 on ebay, my paypal was charged 102.99.

Yeah, theres something sketchy about this. My wife contacted seller and asked about this confusion. Our ebay invoice shows we made a ebay purchase for $102.99 with a $20 coupon and total paid was $82.99 but log into our paypal and it shows $102.99 pending charge. I hope it fixes when its posts tomorrow or tuesday.

Hi there

I went to the ebay site (U.S.)and found the Carnival e-gift certificate offered but not at a discounted rate. It said for U.S. only. I thought seeing that it was an e-certificate it might be available to me. The e-certificate is not offered at all on the Canadian ebay site.

Too bad. :(

enjoy your cruises

it still works.

question: I see most people opted for the shipping. has anyone been able to use an ecert for sail-and-sign?

I have used egift cards on previous Carnival cruises. Just enter the number at a kiosk or Guest Services can add it.

I think what's happening is that the seller is getting $100 because they are not running the sale so they wouldn't be able to give you any info on it. eBay is running the code therefore they are the ones applying the credit of $20 to your payment so your payment to seller would show $100 but you will be charged $80 through PayPal due to the eBay coupon code.

I just purchased 2 ecards for $100 each. One on my account and one on my wife's. When I logged on to Paypal to make sure I was only charged $80 each it said I paid $100 for the gift card and I received a $20 payment from eBay.

Thanks to OP for the info. This saved me enough for a bunch of DODs.

Can u use these cards on board?

I'm guessing you mean on the BOAT.

YES. I have bought both the electronic cards, and the cards that come in the mail in the past. Both deals are legit. Both can be used to pay on an already booked cruise, or be used while on the boat (just take the print out to guest services to have them add it to your S&S card.)

Edited by halterk