Celebrity Perk Questions

stleda124

With the Better and Best options currently available, I am trying to decide which one makes the most sense. I am reading different answers in different places so figured I'd ask the questions here and see what we come up with.

1) What's the cost of going from the Classic Beverage Package (included) to the Premium Beverage Package?

2) Should I do that before we sail or once on board.

3) if I purchased the Internet package. Does that include the ability to iMessage? Or just go online.

4) How much are gratuities a day?

Thank you. This is Celebrity Reflection in case it matters.

1) 10 USD + 18% per da

2) you can upgrade once on board

3) yes, iMessage does work

4) I think it depends on you stateroom, but around 12.50 USD per day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank. Now the 10.00 a day. Is the 18% calculated off of the 10.00 or the full cost of the package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

With the Better and Best options currently available, I am trying to decide which one makes the most sense. I am reading different answers in different places so figured I'd ask the questions here and see what we come up with.

1) What's the cost of going from the Classic Beverage Package (included) to the Premium Beverage Package?

2) Should I do that before we sail or once on board.

3) if I purchased the Internet package. Does that include the ability to iMessage? Or just go online.

4) How much are gratuities a day?

Thank you. This is Celebrity Reflection in case it matters.

The cost to upgrade from classic to premium beverage package the last time we cruised was $11.50 per day (including gratuities). That was the cost in March 2015 and I don't know if has changed since then.

If you have on-board credit and want to use it to pay for the upgraded beverage package, you should upgrade once on Reflection. Bear in mind, you can upgrade later in the cruise so you can see if the classic package meets your needs before paying for the upgrade.

Gratuities are billed at the rate of $12 per night, per my paperwork.

The cost of unlimited internet is listed on the Celebrity website. If you have already booked a cruise, sign in to the Celebrity website and click onto the "already booked" page and look at the Internet options.

Like you, I have looked at the cost of "go best" and the numbers didn't make sense unless you want the premium beverage package and unlimited internet. We didn't feel the need to upgrade the beverage package but have traveled with folks who did - and they enjoyed the higher cost wines and martinis.

We purchased an Internet package. It wasn't the unlimited package. We actually had time left at the end of our cruise because we figured out how to best utilize the time we purchased.

We purchased an Internet package. It wasn't the unlimited package. We actually had time left at the end of our cruise because we figured out how to best utilize the time we purchased.

What is the best way to utilise the time purchased?

It's up to you to optimize the way you manage your time utilizing your minutes (since it is time-based). This year I'll go for the gobest but you can buy a 240 minutes and most probably, with good time management, you will be burning minutes at the end of your cruise.

Just a question: for the go!better package, what perks did you choose?

We chose the classic beverage package and gratuities. The reason for picking gratuities was related to the dining option. In the past, gratuities had to be prepaid when you have Select Dining. I recently learned that Celebrity changed this policy so gratuities don't have to prepaid. That being the case, it is more likely that the $150 on board credit is the better choice of those two perks, unless your cruise is 13 days or longer.

What is the best way to utilise the time purchased?

Neverbeentbere is correct: "as with all internet packages... download, disconnect, answer your email, connect, upload, disconnect. saves many read and answer minutes." My husband and I managed to check and send emails during our 10 night cruise without using all of the time we purchased because we did exactly what neverbeenthere suggested and didn't stay connected while writing emails.

The cost to upgrade from classic to premium beverage package the last time we cruised was $11.50 per day (including gratuities). That was the cost in March 2015 and I don't know if has changed since then.

It is now $11.80, due to the included gratuity rate increasing from 15% to 18%.

If you have on-board credit and want to use it to pay for the upgraded beverage package' date=' you should upgrade once on Reflection. Bear in mind, you can upgrade later in the cruise so you can see if the classic package meets your needs before paying for the upgrade.

Gratuities are billed at the rate of $12 per night, per my paperwork.

The cost of unlimited internet is listed on the Celebrity website. If you have already booked a cruise, sign in to the Celebrity website and click onto the "already booked" page and look at the Internet options.

Like you, I have looked at the cost of "go best" and the numbers didn't make sense unless you want the premium beverage package and unlimited internet. We didn't feel the need to upgrade the beverage package but have traveled with folks who did - and they enjoyed the higher cost wines and martinis.

We purchased an Internet package. It wasn't the unlimited package. We actually had time left at the end of our cruise because we figured out how to best utilize the time we purchased.[/quote']

I agree. The difference after paying for upgraded drink package and gratuities is 490. I could then purchase the 255 internet package from I think $50 bucks. 4 other passengers would have to purchase their own should they need it. My parents probably will not. My brother and sister maybe. But the only thing that appeals to me is that for $490 we would all have unlimited internet except one which I would assign to my dad as he definitely won't use his phone. May not even bring it. Unlimited is nice because then we never have to disconnect and reconnect so iMessages would come and go as needed as would emails. And since this is a gift being given on christmas. Should my mom need to use her lap top it also would be no worry. I just don't know if $490 is worth it for unlimited internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We chose the $300 OBC and Classic Drinks for a 7 night cruise. The TA threw in enough additional OBC to cover the difference to upgrade drink packages and if we do need internet access, what I can use on my phone through AT&T would be sufficient and will cost me about $50.

We would have been paying $630 more to 'include' $140 in bev package upgrades and $168 in grats. Those two items total $308, so we would essentially be left paying $322 for internet. No thanks!

Those numbers also do not taking into account that the TA basically covered our cost in extra OBC to pay for the drink package upgrade. I looks like I may be able to rebook with a tiny bit less OBC but with grats included too.

Before you go on your cruise, take a look at any upcoming cruises you may be interested in. We always book on board and you get additional obc for doing so. We always upgrade to the premium bev package and X threw in an additional $150 obc giving us $450 obc, so we did the go best. Go best already includes the premium package so no need to upgrade and we will use the obc to do specialty restaurants every night as we do the specialty dining package anyway

I just looked at the cost of the Internet packages that are being offered for our next cruise. The 240 minute package is $109, and the unlimited package is $299. If you are a member of the Captain's Club, you should qualify for a discount.

My husband and I shared our internet minutes by taking turns logging onto the Internet. It proved to be pretty reasonably priced and effective for us. We logged on to download mail, and then logging off to read it and write responses, we then logged on again to send mail.

Of course, if you want to be online throughout the day, the unlimited package is the way to go. We were interested in dealing with business that needed to be handled but didn't want to lose sight of the fact that we are on vacation and getting away from our day-to-day stuff.