First time cruise

sianjane1

Think about packing a small first aid kit.

Modern ships are really stable and you often don't feel like you are at sea however odd times the swell comes up. Think about packing travel sickness medication that you know suits you and your family (the ship does have some availabe but it may not be something that you can take).

Pop in some plasters (all that walking in port and dancing the night away) pain killers (you may be tempted to over indulge or just have a headache) etc etc.

There are hand gels in the restaurants onboard but perhaps some anti viral/ anti bacterial hand gel for when you are out and about. We always take this with us.

You will probably need none of the above but best to be prepared.

Have a wonderful cruise

Take some Tea bags and coffee sachets, you may not like the ones their provide !
Exactly. We always pack our preferred teas for any trip, whether a cruise or an airline trip. There really is no way to be assured that your preferred tea will be available.

I am on Azura in July also been on her a number of times previously, so if you need any information or have questions about her I maybe able to answer or find out for you.

Where are you cruising?

We took our two sons in 2011, we booked a deluxe balcony and an inside cabin for them they originally put them a couple of decks above us but we asked and they changed it to the same deck.

Our sons had cruised with us a couple of times in their teens but in 2011 they were both in their twenties! It was for a big birthday (mine!) I had asked for us all to go on holiday before both sons moved away, they and us had a fabulous time, some great family memories.

Have a wonderful cruise....... a word of warning.... the first one can be very dangerous it can cause a terrible addiction!!

Edited by vizzog

We've twice booked on the skin-flint program. First time we had a great cabin bang in the middle of the ship with cabins above and below so no intrusive noise. The second is coming up, and we've been assigned a cabin further forward, but still with cabins above and below so again we are happy.

Not an apt phrase; "We've booked twice on the skin-flint program". I was more amused at "First time we had a great cabin bang"

Lol John