Any word on new promos?

garnet115

I noticed the same thing about the 18 percent service charges for the UDP and UBP's - it no longer says that Haven or suites are exempt from those charges. That's a big change and one that will make me not book the suite I was looking at for next summer. And yes the perks are exactly the same as before, not to mention minus one specialty dinner. Is NCL trying to get people to book or not?

When you test book for example a balcony and pick Ultimate Beverage and Specialty Dining Package as your promo the price breakdown lists a "choice promo service charge) which is 18% of the price for the packages if purchased. When you test book a suite there are no promos to pick (because they are included) and there is no choice promo service charge shown in the price breakdown.

If this is true, we will not be happy. My husband doesn't really drink (maybe 1-2 drinks the entire cruise) and I would never drink enough to make the UBP logical for us. If we do have to pay the 18% for something we really don't use, this is going to be an issue.

Thankfully, we've had our 2017 booked since last summer. I'll be curious to see how this all plays out.

Yep...we are watching too! Might be a game-changer...for sure!

I just tried to do a mock booking for 4 guests. The price is $100 more pp with perks compared to the "Sail Away Rate" with no perks picked.

I'm not sure if NCL reduced the price by $100 pp for the "Sail Away Rate" or added $100 pp for bookings with perks picked.

Unless you printed out what the terms and conditions were at the time of your booking, in theory, when you get on the ship, they could try and short you for the number of specialty dining options you have coming to you?

Awesome... what is the point of all these packages if NCL continues to erode them? It's time to return to lowering the base price and letting people pay for whatever perks they want. I'm tired of paying for perks I don't use (UBP) and for being exempt from them but still needing to pay a single supplement for nothing in return (interiors on the older ships). NCL needs to get something more creative for sales. This one needs to GO!

Well THAT stinks. Super glad I booked the Epic when I did. We though about waiting to book - hoping for "better" promos. But that didn't happen!! :eek:

Will be taking a copy of terms that were in effect when we booked....just in case! :cool:

By any chance do you have a copy of those terms & conditions that you can post? I would also want to bring the old terms with me on my already booked sailing.

Thanks

Also, when discussing the gratuities and service charges on the packages, the fine print would always say the guest is responsible for paying them "except when booking a Haven or Suite". It does not say that this time.

A mock booking of my existing booking shows the same price as it did a couple of weeks ago. There is no extra charge in the booking engine for the promo's grat/service charge added.

This is for an SE PH suite on Jewel.

Edited by triptolemus

By any chance do you have a copy of those terms & conditions that you can post? I would also want to bring the old terms with me on my already booked sailing.

Thanks

I'm not sure which terms/conditions you're looking for, but here they are for booking window 02/13/2016 through 03/15/2016:

http://mrose.org/cc/choicefeb2016-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Edited by triptolemus

When we booked our 9-night 2017 cruise a couple of weeks ago (and got the 4 dinners), we also received a separate email which showed the 4 nights - so sounds like we'll want to bring that along.... I did notice that the gratuity amount for two was about $5 more than it had been the week before when I had previously booked a different date's sailing

Promos change regularly. You don't see people posting here that they got on the ship and were screwed because they had a different promo than others who booked at other times. There are always people booking with different promos. So I am not sure why there is a feeling in this thread like ya'll think NCL is purposefully going to try to screw you over and you'd better watch out. There is no basis in reality for that kind of bizarre, paranoid thinking.

Unless you printed out what the terms and conditions were at the time of your booking, in theory, when you get on the ship, they could try and short you for the number of specialty dining options you have coming to you?

Awesome... what is the point of all these packages if NCL continues to erode them? It's time to return to lowering the base price and letting people pay for whatever perks they want. I'm tired of paying for perks I don't use (UBP) and for being exempt from them but still needing to pay a single supplement for nothing in return (interiors on the older ships). NCL needs to get something more creative for sales. This one needs to GO!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why people complain about having the UBP as a perk. You don't HAVE to take it, you have the option to save the $183(or whatever it is now) and just pick a different perk.

Promos change regularly. You don't see people posting here that they got on the ship and were screwed because they had a different promo than others who booked at other times. There are always people booking with different promos. So I am not sure why there is a feeling in this thread like ya'll think NCL is purposefully going to try to screw you over and you'd better watch out. There is no basis in reality for that kind of bizarre, paranoid thinking.

Changed your avatar... going to take some getting used to.

Are they home porting a ship in Vegas? Navigating the Hoover Dam will be... tricky.

It isn't about being purposely screwed, but mistakes happen. On my last cruise on the getaway, I was missing $800 in obc, and having the paperwork available made it easier and faster to get it corrected.

I did happen to save an electronic copy the day we booked for a completely unrelated reason.

There is not likely to be an issue on board since the promos are linked to specific booking date ranges. But hey... you never know. Better safe than sorry. [emoji6]

Edited by happy cruzin

It isn't about being purposely screwed, but mistakes happen. On my last cruise on the getaway, I was missing $800 in obc, and having the paperwork available made it easier and faster to get it corrected.

Of course mistakes happen, and it sucks when they do. I think we can all agree on that, but that isn't the attitude being portrayed here. It's more like "better take a print out because they will try to take away one of your SDP meals!"!

Changed your avatar... going to take some getting used to.

Are they home porting a ship in Vegas? Navigating the Hoover Dam will be... tricky.

Haha! Heading to Vegas next week for my semi-annual week-long gambling splurge. That's cool that you noticed.

Edited by LrgPizza

Haha! Heading to Vegas next week for my semi-annual week-long gambling splurge. That's cool that you noticed.

Hard not to notice... I grew up there... mostly. Middle school and high school, then left before I turned 22.

I feel fortunate I got to see some of the "old school" before they blew it all up. Dunes, Sands...the old DI... some not as old... Stardust, El Rancho, Sahara. As time goes on, it means more to say that you've stood on the floor of the Sands.

I get back every couple of years. I'm no old fart, and I do enjoy the new Vegas. But there is something cool and very sentimental about Old Vegas.

Anyway... off topic, sorry. Have a good time!

I searched the boards but didn't find anything. The current "Free at Sea" promo expires tomorrow. I plan on booking when the new winter 2017/2018 itineraries are released. Any word on what the new booking promos will be after tomorrow?

Thanks!

I have this from the Authorized Spokesperson who is not authorized to speak on behalf of NCL:

FDR invites senior staff members to a game of blind folded rotating dart boards.

The results will determine the next promo program.

Since no one can remember what they gave away the last time there is a lack

of originality aptness and thought into what NCL will do next.

Thus the program will be much unchanged from the previous.

Tweaking - take a little off the top here - a snip in the middle - and chunk out

of the bottom then try and line up the three bonus bells on the ships slot

machine and voila the answer is this - we have found a new way to confuse

the heck out of our clients and a new cruise to nowhere is in the works !

Look for only very minor changes - much of the same ole - same ole !

But WAIT till the end of the month for more revisions !

Get a heads up from your TA !

Take care of booking anything inside the 90 day period before sailing.

Hard not to notice... I grew up there... mostly. Middle school and high school, then left before I turned 22.

I feel fortunate I got to see some of the "old school" before they blew it all up. Dunes, Sands...the old DI... some not as old... Stardust, El Rancho, Sahara. As time goes on, it means more to say that you've stood on the floor of the Sands.

I get back every couple of years. I'm no old fart, and I do enjoy the new Vegas. But there is something cool and very sentimental about Old Vegas.

Anyway... off topic, sorry. Have a good time!

I also love the "old school" places. Last year just for nostalgia purposes, I stayed at the Riviera the last week it was open.