Where are the ships?

AZoceanlovers

DH and I have spent the weekend looking for a cruise to book for Sept-Nov 2017. We would like a 10-12 day Caribbean but can only find a (very) few 7 day trips. We were on the NCL Sun a couple years for a 10 day Southern which we loved but aren't able to find anything similar. Maybe the schedules aren't set yet? Or are all the ships somewhere else now? We have a future cruise credit to use so don't want to try another cruise line. We've enjoyed our three previous NCL cruises. I "haunt" this forum constantly so I'm sure someone will know.

DH and I have spent the weekend looking for a cruise to book for Sept-Nov 2017. We would like a 10-12 day Caribbean but can only find a (very) few 7 day trips. We were on the NCL Sun a couple years for a 10 day Southern which we loved but aren't able to find anything similar. Maybe the schedules aren't set yet? Or are all the ships somewhere else now? We have a future cruise credit to use so don't want to try another cruise line. We've enjoyed our three previous NCL cruises. I "haunt" this forum constantly so I'm sure someone will know.

It's probably a little early to be looking for fall 2017 schedules.

Around 3/22 NCL should be releasing more dates and itineraries.

Probably far too early; I would really start looking 12 months out; Sep 2016.

Actually the itineraries are usually released about 1,5 years before the season start - in December for summer season that starts around mid to late May.

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-unveils-select-fall-and-winter-201718-itineraries

there's the press release about the cruises being released next week....

Why not go for a 14 day b2b?

2 seven day cruises booked as 2 cruises so you can avail yourself if any perks X2

You should be able to find the same ship alternating east and west Carib

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the replies. I knew I could count on all of you. I'm trying to avoid the mega-ships but some people seem to like them. Hopefully there will be more options available soon. We were hoping to take advantage of the current "Free at Sea" promo but there will be more promos coming, I'm sure.

Edited by AZoceanlovers

With any luck the Gem will return to do 7 day cruises out of PR, with doing them b2b this year yields 10 different ports in 14 days.

As already linked to this thread, the itineraries are already decided and published, just not open for bookings yet.

"Guests looking for a longer escape can sail away on the recently enhanced Norwegian Gem, part of Norwegian’s Jewel-class, from October 21, 2017 through April 17, 2018 on alternating 10- and 11-day Eastern Caribbean cruises from New York. Ports of call include San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Tortola, British Virgin Islands. The 11-day cruises also feature a call in Basseterre, St. Kitts."

(That is the whole winter season of these alternating cruises from NYC.)

Edited by Demonyte

I have to say that this decision to keep a ship sailing out of New York through the winter is a mystery to me. Royal Caribbean just went through several problems in trying to do that this past winter.

Have to disagree here

2 early January NYC cruises under my belt and within 36 hours of sailing....topside in bathing suits!!!

Btw the ships always sail at capacity out of NYC in winter

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to say that this decision to keep a ship sailing out of New York through the winter is a mystery to me. Royal Caribbean just went through several problems in trying to do that this past winter.

Cruise lines have done that very successfully since many years.