Can you cancel gratuities on golden princess?????

portcbob

This topic is a hard one for Australians to get their head around,although personally we tip taxi drivers and waitresses at home..Our up coming cruise is going to cost us upwards of $1000.00 in auto-grats.So I guise that if we get excellent service we will personally tip that person extra,if not we walk off the ship at the end.What are they going to do chase you down the ramp and shoot you.We will leave our auto-grats on knowing that we have held up our end of the bargin,does this sound right.

Yep! That's exactly what we do.

The only problem is that we get so much excellent service and only have so many extra dollars to share around. :(

Just leaving the auto-gratuities in place with nothing more expected is correct. Giving more is entirely up to you but not necessary.

I do agree all the extra is getting out of hand - it's becoming that when you leave on the auto-grats but don't hand out more you seem cheap or ungrateful -

I've cruised enough times to have gotten friendly with my service staff. No, they never "confided" in me the policy, but have always asked me politely to include my name and cabin number.

I have never been asked to put my name and cabin number on a cash tip. This might be because I just hand the cash to the cabin steward and/or other tipped personnel and we have 400+ days on Princess.

My dad walked up hill to work, both ways....in the rain....7 days a week. He did that to support his people. I never heard him complain once. Point is a lot of people work hard.

I assume your dad didn't leave have to leave home for 9 months a year to support your family.

I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do - you live in a country that allows you to do what you like. But I am grateful to have the extra money to cruise, and I don't remove auto tips. I hope that it helps a family that lives in a country where they aren't so fortunate.

I assume your dad didn't leave have to leave home for 9 months a year to support your family.

I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do - you live in a country that allows you to do what you like. But I am grateful to have the extra money to cruise, and I don't remove auto tips. I hope that it helps a family that lives in a country where they aren't so fortunate.

I never said I removed the tips. Pay attention and read the thread.

Who is manning the service bar in the galley?

Bartenders are assigned to a bar by rotation for every voyage. Galley is one of the bar.

I met one on CB last Jan. She was assigned at the galley but also assigned to assist the Barista at IC

in the afternoon while the MDR is closed and when lines developed at IC for coffee.

[quIote=CATGUY7;49527949]I have read the thread, and again, could care less what you do.

I will never understand why people get so touchy on these forums. Also why they keep bringing up a subject that is so much a matter of personal choice, and seems to inflame so many. Do what you want, just don't share it on the forum.

[quIote=CATGUY7;49527949]I have read the thread, and again, could care less what you do.

I will never understand why people get so touchy on these forums. Also why they keep bringing up a subject that is so much a matter of personal choice, and seems to inflame so many. Do what you want, just don't share it on the forum.

My original post simply stated that I thought the room steward worked hard. It tuned into a comment stating that I needed to read the thread and pay attention, which was completely unnecessary. Sorry to have annoyed you too.