Just back from 14 day B2B on Caribbean Princess

anteaters

I don't mean to hijack, but will answer with our recent wine check-in experience for the CB out of Bayport, January 2016.

Yes, there is a wine table to the right as you exit the security/bag screen checkpoint. We were directed there when we picked our bag off the screening conveyor belt. If you take extra bottles, they will assign the corkage fee to your account at this time (you show your boarding pass).

BTW, we don't split the bottles between the two of us for carry-on. It all travels in one bag. You can have DH carry it all, and just go to the table with him. ;)

Just FYI, for the first time on this cruise we received a receipt for "6 bottles corkage paid" instead of individual corkage stamps, and were told to show the receipt to the waiter when we took a bottle to the MDR. I was worried that some of the waiters might still be expecting a corkage stamp on individual bottles, but no one seemed to have any problem with the receipt. In fact, no one kept a tally on the receipt either (we had ATD and different waitstaff every night). This rather surprised me, because it would have been easy to take our two "free" bottles to the MDR as well if we had been inclined to circumvent the system. We were not, and we did not.

I don't know, maybe they were keeping secretly keeping track behind the scenes. I didn't see any evidence of that, but then I wasn't looking for it.

MsCalabash

Thank you for this info, very helpful. I think the process of giving you a paper receipt is a good idea, much easier for everyone than dealing with stickers. As long as you don't lose the receipt! We will only drink the wine we bring onboard in our cabin, so I'm not as worried about proving we paid corkage. I am mostly trying to understand the flow of things in Houston,so DH and I can work out who carries what (at this point, we will have 2 backpacks and 4 bottles of wine, probably in 2 carriers). I am hoping we can juggle both things but it should be easy--backpack over a shoulder, wine carrier in one hand. We are only splitting them so we can 'distribute' the weight better. 2 bottles are fairly light, 4 starts to add up!

Thanks for sharing your experience

ML