Too many choices

magicsoccer

I have the option of booking 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami or a 2 room condo room at Double Tree Miami Biscayne Bay for basically the same price. There are 4 of us. We are interested in a pool, and short walk to food and things to do. Looks like both have this and also a nice view of the water. Any comments about either, and which you would choose and why?

Thanks

I thought I read a post saying that the Holiday Inn POM was going to close for refurbishment. We have stayed there and it's very convenient for Bayside and there is a drug store just one block away. The hotel itself is ok but I can see why it would be updated.

Doubletree is a MUCH nicer hotel with some rooms offering a view of the port - very nice pool area and local dining options within walking distance (try Bin 18 @ 18th and Biscayne for great tapas and an extensive wine and craft beer list :D). Bayside Market is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Doubletree - I would take a taxi back to the hotel after dark.

I agree that Doubletree is the nicer of the two hotels.

With that said I don't like the area and I agree with JohninDC that I would not walk it at night.

Just wondering have you looked at other options. I'm going to list some.

Hampton Inn (includes breakfast and near Mary Brickell Village with lots of restaurants)

Conrad Hilton and JW Marriott also near Mary Brickell Village.

I am not sure about price but just wanted to mention these.

Keith

I thought I read a post saying that the Holiday Inn POM was going to close for refurbishment. We have stayed there and it's very convenient for Bayside and there is a drug store just one block away. The hotel itself is ok but I can see why it would be updated.

Holiday Inn- POM is slated for demolition . The timing is up in the air , but I have been told at the earliest it would be fourth quarter 2017. A new hotel ( among other things ) will take it's place. Unclear if the new property will be a Holiday Inn or not. I am not in the hotel business , but as a businessman I would not think they will be putting much money or upgrades into the current property knowing what the future holds. I would be hesitant to stay there going forward.