New Staggered Check-In - Arriving Later?

jesskuhmarie

I choose the earliest option (10:00am-10:30am) for check in on my Carnival Glory cruise on May 7th. I've seen a lot of people talking about how you can't check in prior to your assigned time, but what if I were later, say I didn't arrive until 11:00am, would that be a problem?

Also, what time do they typically allow people to start boarding? I'm trying to decide if I want to change my check in time to a little later so that I'm not waiting to board for hours after checking in, or if I should just leave it as is.

Hi there

While you would be allowed to check in anytime after your selected time it would somewhat defeat the purpose.

Imagine if everyone who selected the 10-10:30 time chose to come at 11:00

Now you would have everyone who had selected the 10:30-11:00 times being processed and the people who had selected the 11:00-11:30 times arriving.

The crowd would be larger than it should be. You wouldn't move to the head of the line just because you have the earlier check-in time. Everyone would have to wait a little longer.

have a great cruise

Hi there

While you would be allowed to check in anytime after your selected time it would somewhat defeat the purpose.

Imagine if everyone who selected the 10-10:30 time chose to come at 11:00

Now you would have everyone who had selected the 10:30-11:00 times being processed and the people who had selected the 11:00-11:30 times arriving.

The crowd would be larger than it should be. You wouldn't move to the head of the line just because you have the earlier check-in time. Everyone would have to wait a little longer.

That's not really any different than people on here telling Platinum's, Diamonds and FTTF people to select the latest time available to open up early slots for everyone else and then suggesting that they come in whenever they want to anyway.

Q: What happens if I arrive before or after my designated check-in time?

A: Guests who arrive prior to their check-in window will not be permitted to enter the cruise terminal and will be asked to return at their scheduled check-in time. This will be strictly enforced so we can achieve the desired guest experience. Guests who arrive after their designated check-in time will be accommodated.

I think when you pick your time you should pick the time

that you most likely will be there. If you pick say 11 but

know you will not be there until 1130 then you should pick 1130.

The staggered check in is a result of everyone showing up at the same time causing long lines.

If you pick a time knowing that you will not be there until 30 mins later

then why not pick the 30 min later time. In June I will be able to board

at any time so I plan to be there at 1030 I will pick that time.

I think when you pick your time you should pick the time

that you most likely will be there. If you pick say 11 but

know you will not be there until 1130 then you should pick 1130.

Personally, if I know I'm not going to be there until 11:30, I'll select a 12:00 time. If you are late, they may make you wait until after everyone from that time slot has gone.

Yes, it is totally different. Diamond, Platinum, FTTF have dedicated lines and don't effect the other lines at all.

I could be wrong, but I think the issue is not which line you are in but how crowded the facility gets. I think people should just be honest and say the time they think that they are going to be there.

Have I missed an answer to when you actually get to board? Like the OP I am wondering how long a wait you would likely have before you are able to board if you are in the first check in group (10 - 10:30).

Hi there

The answer is that it depends.

You can't board until everyone has gotten off from the previous cruise and the ship is cleared. If there aren't any issues getting into port. Lets say that they arrive at 07:30-08:00. (08:00 is a common stated arrival time) If everything goes smoothly they could start boarding as early as 10:30-11:00.

Last cruise I could see passengers still getting off the ship after 11:00. We started boarding a little after 11:30.(platinum)

Of course if there is any kind of unscheduled delay you will have to wait longer. This wouldn't stop the check-in process. It would just mean people would have a longer wait after check-in, with the people arriving the earliest waiting the longest.

have a great cruise

How do you pick boarding time? And is this for all ports? I just did my online check-in but did not notice a option to select check-in time it just printed on my boarding pass as 12:30pm? The port is Jaxport. Whenever I've sailed from Jaxport before we've just shown up and not had a problem.

How do you pick boarding time? And is this for all ports? I just did my online check-in but did not notice a option to select check-in time it just printed on my boarding pass as 12:30pm? The port is Jaxport. Whenever I've sailed from Jaxport before we've just shown up and not had a problem.

Nevermind!:p I see that is for sailings out of Galveston, Miami and New Orleans at this time. Sorry....shoulda went to the website first:rolleyes: