Tell me more about the Hasbro show?

cmptrwiz

They select members of the audience to form 2 teams and they play over-sized, game show versions of popular Hasbro games. Everyone participating will leave with something.

We saw it twice on our last cruise and enjoyed it. Somebody will likely be along and tell you it is a waste of time and they can't believe they use the main theatre for this type of entertainment. I'm not sure what they are looking for though, we were on a 7 night cruise and the performers put on 4 different shows on the main stage as well as one performance in the Atrium. The Hasbro Gameshow does use large props so there really isn't anywhere else for them to hold it.

We haven't seen the Hasbro show and I'm not really sure what to expect. It sounds like it might not be worth the time to bother with it.

I have never seen this show and don't plan on going to a Hasbro show in the future. Like you suggest, it might not be worth the time to bother with it.

I did see a Playlist Rock show on the Glory recently and that was a pleasant surprise.

I usually plan on a few comedy shows each cruise too.

The nice thing about cruises is that there are myriad opportunities for varied entertainment. The cruise lines try to come up with something for most of their diverse passengers.

Declansdad pretty much nailed it.

FWIW, my wife and I are 32 and enjoyed just watching. Then again, a very young girl threw one of the skee balls so hard and missed, it broke one of the bulbs on the Operation game. That was pretty funny.

Edited by TomAceEsq

About how long does the show last?

Too long. It is fine for an afternoon with lots of kids playing but for an evening entertainment for adults leaves a lot to be desired. If only I was 10 again would enjoy this.

Once upon a time they would have flyons who would entertain the audience.

Ay "tips" for being picked to be part of the show? I know my girls would love it (OK, so would I ;)). Do they pick ahead of time or should get there early and sit up front? Or is it all just completely random?

Sit as front as possible. They did trivia to pick our show's contestants. Whoever hopped up and had a lot of energy, they picked.

About how long does the show last?

45 minutes tops. At least our show was.

Edited by TomAceEsq

Ay "tips" for being picked to be part of the show? I know my girls would love it (OK, so would I ;)). Do they pick ahead of time or should get there early and sit up front? Or is it all just completely random?

I actually sat in the very back corner with my friends. When they asked a question I instantly knew I shot up like a rocket screaming and everyone in the theater turned around... LOL So you dont have to sit in the front at all. Just be ready to run down and answer when they ask the question so you dont look like a dolt! :p

We were late and the show had already started so we had to take the seats we could find.

Edited by Savlamara

If you want a better chance of being selected, sit on the end of an aisle in the front half of the room. Be ridiculously exuberant. If you are an adult, you won't win the grand prize as it always goes to a kid. But everyone selected walks away with a mini travel version of a Hasbro game.

The room will be split down the middle... blue team on one side and red team on the other side. Those picked have to answer either a Scattegories type question or a Trivial Pursuit question correctly to actually get on stage.

They will normally choose 3 adults and 1 child for each team and then 1 person to be the captain (that person sits off stage and pushes the button for Simon Flash... I don't know what else they do). There are two rounds featuring two different games, so up to 20 people total will be able to play.

At the end of each round, each player from each winning team chooses a Monopoly card. The players from the losing team part the stage with a miniature travel version of a Hasbro game. At the end of both rounds, all of the players from the winning teams go back up on stage with the cards they selected and insert them into a "ATM". Whichever person's card displays the highest number wins the grand prize. I've watched this game half a dozen times and every time they rig it so the youngest kid wins the grand prize (which is an assortment of Hasbro games which I'm assuming they ship to your home). The remaining non-winning players leave with a mini travel Hasbro game.

The on-stage games vary, but they are life-sized versions of different Hasbro games including Connect Four (using basketballs instead of checkers), Simon Flash (each person has a large light box box strapped to their chest), Operation (like a skee ball game), Sorry Sliders (slide large game pieces across the floor into a curling-like target) and a few others.

They hold this game twice on the 7+ day cruises (normally held on sea days) and it's pretty much always sandwiched between Bingo games, so the room may be pretty full even if you get there early. If you sit in the balcony level, you won't be selected.

It's something fun to watch once or twice, but it's kinda cheesy.

Edited by TVChick16

Too long. It is fine for an afternoon with lots of kids playing but for an evening entertainment for adults leaves a lot to be desired. If only I was 10 again would enjoy this.

I agree! We had it on the Glory 4 x's at night as main entertainment on a 21 day cruise. What a joke!

Much cheaper for Carnival to give this for entertainment than to pay a flyon.

I've played a few times operation skeeball and yahtsee bowling. They chose teams through either trivia or video charades.

I was the captain of the yahtsee bowling team. Got to chose which numbers were kept, and which were retried. Because of my disability, they allowed me to sit close to the skeeball, so I didn't have to run. If you bowl rather than throw there's a better chance of getting a higher score.

I had the highest atm score until the youngest member of my team came along. She got a gift certificate to order the games on line to be delivered to her house.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

Edited by ccruisequeen

Good point. If I had a choice of sitting through another time or having another colonoscopy, I would probably take the latter - at least they give you drugs to alleviate the experience.

To each his own...which is why cruising is so great and why there is so much to choose from! :)

I was on the Breeze in October and somehow got picked to go up on stage! I didn't jump up and down, but I guessed and shouted out the answer the quickest so they chose me. I am not usually one to call attention to myself, so all I can say is the wine at dinner may have contributed to my exuberance! LOL

It was fun, and my family and friends had a blast just watching me play the game. My team did not win, but I got a very nice parting gift and spent an enjoyable 40 minutes participating in the game.

Would I do it again? Why, I do believe that I would! :p

We love going to the game show, it's lots of fun. I'm in my late 40s and I've been called up twice to play. I had lots of fun and laughs. One time I was able to pick a card and had the highest score until the last contestant put her card in the ATM. Her score came out as the highest. Probably don't need to tell you she was much younger than me. I left the stage feeling let down but I'm sure she enjoyed the prized a lot more than I would have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good point. If I had a choice of sitting through another time or having another colonoscopy, I would probably take the latter - at least they give you drugs to alleviate the experience.

Very funny and not to far off:)

Edited by Micah's Grandad

To each his own...which is why cruising is so great and why there is so much to choose from! :)

I was on the Breeze in October and somehow got picked to go up on stage! I didn't jump up and down, but I guessed and shouted out the answer the quickest so they chose me. I am not usually one to call attention to myself, so all I can say is the wine at dinner may have contributed to my exuberance! LOL

It was fun, and my family and friends had a blast just watching me play the game. My team did not win, but I got a very nice parting gift and spent an enjoyable 40 minutes participating in the game.

Would I do it again? Why, I do believe that I would! :p

Glad you enjoyed it. i just dont think it should be an evenings entertainment in main lounge. IMHO they should do it during a seaday afternoon

Glad you enjoyed it. i just dont think it should be an evenings entertainment in main lounge. IMHO they should do it during a seaday afternoon

I agree Stu!:) we were on the ncl dawn and they had the Hasbro game on one afternoon. they had entertainment every night in the show room!

Sit as front as possible. They did trivia to pick our show's contestants. Whoever hopped up and had a lot of energy, they picked.

Our son was picked and we were about 2/3 back on an aisle.

OP, I told you the haters would be here.

My 12 year old son couldn't wait to go see the show. He didn't get up on stage, but I did and it was fun. If you have kids, then they will like it. If you want to try to get up on stage then sit close and raise your hand quick when the question appears. Go, check it out. If it's not your thing, or you aren't having fun, you can just leave.