Aqua Perks Question

tenmile

We were just upgraded from C3 to Aqua GTY due to a price reduction on our upcoming cruise in May. In Aqua, I know we get a free welcome bottle of water, additional bath amenities, and Persian Garden and Relaxation Lounge benefits, but will we still receive the welcome bottle of sparkling wine and afternoon savories as we receive in Concierge class? I love those little amenities and would hate to lose them. Obviously, this is our first experience with Aqua class. We are really looking forward to dining in Blu after all the positive reviews we have read. Thanks for any information.

Are also provided in AquaClass... The AquaClass amenities are additive...

not any longer. Go the Celebrity homepage and click on Onboard Experience and then each cabin class. Amenities recently changed again.

The only Aqua Class perk I love is Blu. If you're a bottled water fan, get a beverage package. Booking Aqua at the extra cost isn't worth it just for that, or the tea, or the extra spa rooms you can use.

You do still get the afternoon savories and welcome sparkling wine. We just disembarked on Sunday and those were definitely still included.

The Persian Gardens is much nicer on the S-class than the M-class ships but it's still very relaxing on both.

I miss Blu already. The menu seemed a bit more repetitive but there were still tons of options. Our admittedly picky 4 some never went hungry and the service was amazing.

Just got off the Equinox on Monday. It was our first stay in Aqua. Yes there was bottle of sparking waiting for us, there were two small bottles of water as well. We also had fruit in the room. The oranges were the best and I put a note on our fruit tray asking if we could just have oranges instead of the apple and pear. Sure enough next day we had 3 oranges. The afternoon savories will only come if you fill out the form for them each day. One day I asked if I could have cheese and crackers. My request was granted. I will admit whenever I asked for something out of the ordinary I included a 5 dollar bill with my request. Blu was amazing. Everyone was so attentive. Our guy was Mazur...Loved him!

We were just upgraded from C3 to Aqua GTY due to a price reduction on our upcoming cruise in May. .

What ship? Did you upgrade yourselves, or were you offered the upgrade by Celebrity?

Just got off the Equinox on Monday. It was our first stay in Aqua. Yes there was bottle of sparking waiting for us, there were two small bottles of water as well. We also had fruit in the room. The oranges were the best and I put a note on our fruit tray asking if we could just have oranges instead of the apple and pear. Sure enough next day we had 3 oranges. The afternoon savories will only come if you fill out the form for them each day. One day I asked if I could have cheese and crackers. My request was granted. I will admit whenever I asked for something out of the ordinary I included a 5 dollar bill with my request. Blu was amazing. Everyone was so attentive. Our guy was Mazur...Loved him!

Did you leave $5 everyday, or did you request the cheese and crackers just once (with that $5 ;)) and receive the plate the rest of the week?

Lip balm, slippers (kind of) in a net bag. Also, a canvas tote.

The lip balm seems to becoming a rather "hit or miss" amenity. In a B2B2B series an Aqua Class stateroom last spring I was told by our stateroom attendant that the lip balm has been discontinued, but we did have the net bag. On a different ship last fall on another B2B2B series we were in an Aqua stateroom for the first two legs and didn't receive the lip balm, but did receive it in the final leg when we were in a Suite. But another B2B2B couple we met on the ship were in Aqua for that final leg did receive the lip balm. I actually like the lip balm so always miss it.

Awesome upgrade! Hope you enjoy it all!

We got all the extra amenities on EQ, and also varied fresh fruit, shrimp cocktail, cheese and crackers, etc...just let your attendant know what you prefer. Ice refill 2x daily is a special request for us

Missed the daily water delivery but our 6 btls of Fiji (square shape) fit well, and supplemented whatever we gatherd in our travels round the ship...

We have tips included as part of triple perks. We tip upon meeting attendants, and also for special service and at the end...and for room service...

Just off Silhouette Sunday. We had lip balm, slippers (didn't use) plush bathrobes and towels, great pillows (I went on the website thinking about buying one, but it's 150.00!). We also love Blu, since it was our first time, menus were all new for us. Footstools on the balcony were appreciated. We took our sparkling wine and traded it for a bottle we preferred. Never used the water, it was available all over the ship for us, and if you have a drink package, they pass it out as you leave the ship.

We got all the extra amenities on EQ, and also varied fresh fruit, shrimp cocktail, cheese and crackers, etc...just let your attendant know what you prefer. .....

You got shrimp cocktail for your afternoon snack?!?!?:D Do you think that we would be able to request that?? We are in Aqua class for the first time on our upcoming cruise and I really hope that is something I can get for hubby...that it isn't just offered on the EQ (Equinox?).

..... We have tips included as part of triple perks. We tip upon meeting attendants, and also for special service and at the end...and for room service...

So you already paid for gratuities but then tipped more for each service? (I don't mind tipping, just trying to get a feel for what is expected.) Can I ask how much you tipped? How much do you tip for room service? I'm thinking for a simple coffee/roll breakfast.

glad hear this information. i'm on my first celebrity cruise on march 24th in an aqua room on equinox. i got the 1,2,3 promotion with tips included but what always do is bring around $50 in one dollar bills for room service tips and other tips i want to give. sometimes i use them all, sometimes not but i know the extra few $ are appreciated.

so, every day you have to make a request for appetizers in the afternoon? do they give you an order form or how is it done?

thanks in advance. i'm really excited for my first celebrity cruise.

not any longer. Go the Celebrity homepage and click on Onboard Experience and then each cabin class. Amenities recently changed again.

We just came off the Reflection. In Aqua, we got all of the Concierge benefits plus those unique to Aqua Class. I am not sure where people are getting that information posted above. We have always gotten Concierge benefits with Aqua and have continued to do so.

glad hear this information. i'm on my first celebrity cruise on march 24th in an aqua room on equinox. i got the 1,2,3 promotion with tips included but what always do is bring around $50 in one dollar bills for room service tips and other tips i want to give. sometimes i use them all, sometimes not but i know the extra few $ are appreciated.

so, every day you have to make a request for appetizers in the afternoon? do they give you an order form or how is it done?

thanks in advance. i'm really excited for my first celebrity cruise.

When we boarded, our room steward asked us if we wanted the afternoon savories. We told him yes. He then asked what time we would like them. We chose 4:30 and they came daily at 4:30. On our previous cruise, we filled out a slip each evening but not this time.

We also told him we did not want olives and we never saw an olive all cruise! The savories were pretty good this time around. One afternoon, we had 2 lobster claws and that was unbelievable! Must have been a mistake….

You will enjoy Aqua especially if you got a great price and you have a great cabin steward. :D

We asked for the green apples to be replaced by oranges and received three fresh EVERY day. We asked for ice once and was given twice daily service. We requested the egg create mattress support. Not a prob.

The prepaid gratuities are pooled between many people. The personal tip given them is pocketed. Same with the drinks package and tipping your favorite bartender. More bang for the buck.

We embarked the Connie in February. We had the lip balm, daily savories which we finally asked not to receive and the sparkling bottle. My DW brought it home and gave it to her staff to share. It has the Celebrity label. She got more bang for that buck since we had the drinks package. It had a high perceived value and low out of pocket cost. rofl

Edited by ChucktownSteve

You got shrimp cocktail for your afternoon snack?!?!?:D Do you think that we would be able to request that?? We are in Aqua class for the first time on our upcoming cruise and I really hope that is something I can get for hubby...that it isn't just offered on the EQ (Equinox?).

So you already paid for gratuities but then tipped more for each service? (I don't mind tipping, just trying to get a feel for what is expected.) Can I ask how much you tipped? How much do you tip for room service? I'm thinking for a simple coffee/roll breakfast.

We've asked for and have received shrimp cocktail on varied ships while booking in both concierge and Aqua cabins. One of our attendants told us this can only be served after the early dinner seating appetizers are being served. We always tip a couple of dollars for special requests or room service. I know some people say you don't have to tip your room steward when they deliver a breakfast or other room service item, but we do.

Awesome upgrade! Hope you enjoy it all!

We got all the extra amenities on EQ, and also varied fresh fruit, shrimp cocktail, cheese and crackers, etc...just let your attendant know what you prefer. Ice refill 2x daily is a special request for us

Missed the daily water delivery but our 6 btls of Fiji (square shape) fit well, and supplemented whatever we gatherd in our travels round the ship...

We have tips included as part of triple perks. We tip upon meeting attendants, and also for special service and at the end...and for room service...

We tip a $20 upfront. This is usually along with a small request, like an extra pillow, etc. Room service is usually $3. With the gratuity already included, if we have extra special attendants, and have asked for other favors, we will give an extra tip at the end of the cruise.

how are the mattresses on the equinox? i thought they were supposed to be really comfortable. do you think i need an eggcrate topper? i used to get them on princess where the mattresses were like concrete but even they have improved and haven't needed one on my couple of cruises.

thanks for all your advice.