Alaskan Nauralists on ship?

eandj

Yes, Michael Mod' is well known and has quite the reputation. One might find amazing video of him speaking while the cruise is navigating Tracy Arm Fjord on you-tube. I don't know if he will be onboard again this year. I don't think that the Coral is one of the ships that he has been onboard.

The park rangers are only onboard when the ship is in a National Park, and Glacier Bay is the only place where the ship is in a National Park.

Thank you very much for this info

Another really good travel guide book is The Alaska Cruise Companion - A Naturalist's Guide to Alaska's Inside Passage by Rachel Cartwright.

Rachel was the naturalist we had on the Pacific last summer in Alaska. Very approachable, and she'd be out and about talking to people or taking photos.

Thought about getting another copy of the book for her to sign, but I've already got 2 or 3 copies at home, so I *really* didn't need another, plus I'm trying to reduce the number of physical books in my house these days.

Rachel was the naturalist we had on the Pacific last summer in Alaska. Very approachable, and she'd be out and about talking to people or taking photos.

Thought about getting another copy of the book for her to sign, but I've already got 2 or 3 copies at home, so I *really* didn't need another, plus I'm trying to reduce the number of physical books in my house these days.

I feel your pain about reducing book #s in your house! I'm in the process of doing the same.

A note from Rachel in the front of the book says that she was a Ship's Naturalist on Princess cruises from 1998 to 2005. Interesting that she was back last year!

To those of you who are looking, it's quite an up-to-date book. It was published in 2014. There is also a very nice foldout map that comes with this book too.