How fast is Debarkation?

rjl1977

They say try to do self assist, which are the first people off (that are not in a FTTF or priority group) and make sure you tell them (maybe Guest Services?) that you have an early flight to catch and they will try and accommodate.

Hopefully the ship won't be delayed for any reason, and if so, hopefully you purchased travel insurance !

Edited by CruisinHelloKitty
added last sentance

They say try to do self assist, which are the first people off (that are not in a FTTF or priority group) and make sure you tell them (maybe Guest Services?) that you have an early flight to catch and they will try and accommodate.

Hopefully the ship won't be delayed for any reason, and if so, hopefully you purchased travel insurance !

Unless I'm mistaken, insurance will not cover a missed flight before noon.

They don't recommend booking any flight before noon.

Most times you get off early, but I have heard stories of not leaving the ship until 10:30am or later.

We were on the Breeze in February, did self assist debark and were at the airport by 9:30am.

Thanks for the info. I had 2 options, 10:05 or 4:30. I chose 4:30 just to be safe. Maybe Delta will need people to give up their seats and offer big voucher $$$.

That is an awful long time to wait at the airport. I personally would have taken the 10:05AM and actually have numerous times. But then again, I am willing to take the risk and I can understand that others may not. Delta gates are super easy to get to in MIA and not nearly as crowded or far as American.

I was also hoping to be asked to give up my seat, but they haven't made that request in the recent past so never got the opportunity. Keep in mind that if they request people to give up their seats, you will be waiting even longer at MIA because it won't actually happen until right before your flight leaves at 4:30PM.

Either way, have a great cruise!

Edited by firemanbobswife

I have been on 4 cruises total. Out of those two we weren't able to get into port on time. The very first cruise I went on we got off the boat at 6 pm! This last cruise we weren't off till after 12. I will never choose a same day flight.

I have been on 4 cruises total. Out of those two we weren't able to get into port on time. The very first cruise I went on we got off the boat at 6 pm! This last cruise we weren't off till after 12. I will never choose a same day flight.

Oh wow! Which port(s)? I have been out of New Orleans once (our first cruise), 2 from Norfolk, and the other 13 were either Ft Lauderdale or Miami.

In the 2 instances you arrived late, it wouldn't have mattered then even if you booked flights noon or later. I can't get that much time off work, so would rather fly down the day before. I worry much more about missing the ship vs getting home. If it came down to it I could always rent a car and drive. It would be a long haul, but it could be done.