In-Room Beverage Packages

For two adults, Cheers would be $114.00 per day. You have to decide if you will drink enough, booze, coffee, and water to justify the expense. One advantage is that you will not have to worry about your bar bill at the end. For my family the answer is no.

Are you talking about the ones you can purchase through Carnival's website?

We regularly purchase a bottle of rum through there for our room and just bring on our allowed two 12 packs of soda to use as a mixer. What you get is the big bottles and that truthfully lasts us a good portion of the cruise and saves us a bunch of money. The cost of one bottle is 8 or 9 drinks and you get FAR more out of it. We still purchase drinks around the ship, but its nice to be able to run back to your room for a refill.

Cheers worked fabulous for us on our last cruise, but we were only getting off ship in two ports, were hanging at the Alchemy Bar every night, and had enough OBC already that the cost after applying the OBC was reasonable for us.

If you are not big drinkers and plan on spending a lot of time off ship, the bottle in the room is a great option.

If you are staying on board a great deal, enjoy sampling lots of different alcoholic drinks, are big soda/water/fancy coffee/virgin daiquiris drinkers - Cheers may be worth the money for you. It's the cost of basically 5 alcoholic drinks a day and that is easy to hit if you enjoy drinking. Mimosa with breakfast, rum drink with lunch, a daiquiri or two in the afternoon, a glass of wine with dinner, a drink or two while out and about in the evening (never mind any non-alcohol for fee drinks).

Do remember it is about $5 per person/per day more expensive if purchased on board now.

Edited by Qchell

On our cruise last year, we purchased a bottle of rum for my husband and we brought on soda for him to mix with it. It was worth it to us, we are not huge drinkers, but my husband liked having the bottle in our room so he could fix his own drinks. Plus we shared with his uncle and my niece. We even brought some home. We figured it out and it just worked out cheaper for us to do it this way. We are cruising again later this year and we will probably do the same thing again.

last year my friend did not want to get the Cheers! package and ordered a bottle of vodka and got the Bottomless Bubbles package. I just ordered drinks regular style and when she saw the fun fruity drinks I was ordering she frequently wanted one as well. Day five of the six day cruise we had plenty of vodka left and review of her S&S bill indicated that Cheers! would have been a more economical way to go. (It would have been cheaper for me as well but it was no surprise.) Live and learn. We are getting Cheers this time. Nice to get what I want, when and where I want it, and not have to think about the cost.

• 5 months later...

From past experience, you can order the "In Room Beverages" before you leave, up until a a day or two prior (there is a cutoff). If you don't get your order in and want a bottle for your room, you can order it from room service. It'll be the same price as is displayed on the web site for in room beverages. They do have a limited amount of liquor that they'll sell from room service and don't always have everything that's listed on the site.

A few years ago I wasn't going to be able to go on my cruise due to doctors orders. My wife, son and DIL left without me to drive down to Miami. While Skypeing them at their hotel, I got pretty depressed and ended up bucking the Doctors orders. I bought a one way ticket to meet them there and go on the cruise anyway. Needless to say I didn't pre-order my usual bottle of crown but was able to buy it from room service on the first day.

If you order from room service, do they add the gratuity?

I usually have a bottle of Southern Comfort and Skyy Vodka waiting for me in the room :D

It is my understanding that when you order on the ship you will pay the standard gratuity rate. Plus you'll want to tip the room service attendant.

If you order on-line I believe you'll pay tax, which comes out a little cheaper for most of us. And I believe the cut off is around 3 days before your cruise. I know I forgot to order once, and it seems like it was about 3 days before when I tried to order and it was too late.