We are used to rear facing afts........

Please tell me about Navigator cabin 8314 which isn't a rear facing aft.

Thank you.

I am confused by your question. I assume that you have looked at the deck plans and have seen that this cabin is on the hump? Half the ship's length away from the aft?

It's a cabin. Category E. Roughly 184 square feet. Smallish, squarish balcony space. Two chairs, one small table, low height.

nv_deck08_v2015_apr.gif

Hi, We are your next door neighbors on the Navigator TA in 8316. We have stayed in several hump balconies over the years. To me the best thing is they are near the elevators. Down and you are right in front of the dining room , up and you are in front of the Windjammer and near the pool area. They are great for anyone with mobility problems. I had double knee replacements so it's not a problem now but was a year and a half ago.

The aft balconies are larger and usually have a better view to me, but the walk is further to get to most things. We like both but have always enjoyed the hump and although the E balconies are smaller than D's, location is more important than size to us. Hope this helps .

Barbara

We prefer the "hump" location...very, very convenient. True, the balcony is nowhere as deep as an aft, but it's ample for sitting, standing and ocean gazing. You will not have loungers, tho...but there are plenty elsewhere on the ship!

Cabins are the same (E1-E1; D1- D1; etc). Balcony sizes definitely smaller on hump.

The biggest surprise to me was the psychological difference when watching the water flow. Aft it flows OUT and AWAY but has interesting wake patterns to explore visually. On the side it flows PAST continually, rhythmically.

I loved our spacious corner aft (minus the soot) but found myself enjoying the soothing flow past a window in the solarium early one morning and realized how much I enjoyed that, too.