Kevin Sheehan's severance pay

You are partly correct. Public companies limit executive compensation disclosure to that which is mandatory in their filings. There can be many non disclosed items amounting to significant dollars

And your point is?

The OP stated the disclosure of Mr. Sheehan's severance package was in the annual report. Someone from Canada opined that only a board member would know the amount of the severance package. But it is indeed in the annual report.

So a dissertation is not needed to advise my neighbor to the north that compensation is in the annual report, including the amount paid to some former executives in severance packages. I'm not sure what conversation you are a part of, but I was addressing that singular point.

And your point is?

The OP stated the disclosure of Mr. Sheehan's severance package was in the annual report. Someone from Canada opined that only a board member would know the amount of the severance package. But it is indeed in the annual report.

So a dissertation is not needed to advise my neighbor to the north that compensation is in the annual report, including the amount paid to some former executives in severance packages. I'm not sure what conversation you are a part of, but I was addressing that singular point.

FYI: your reply makes no sense at all!

Edited by MikeWazowski

I know you don't like him but a lot of people had a positive view of Sheehan.

I know I have a positive opinion of Kevin Sheehan.

Watching the NCL episode of Undercover Boss was a big influence for me to book NCL for the first time after 35 cruises on Carnival. I was greatly impressed with how NCL does business. Also greatly impressed with Kevin Sheehan as CEO of NCL.

Here in south Louisiana, Carnival dominates the cruise industry because they are the only one here year round. NCL is only here (in New Orleans) during the fall and spring and usually is more expensive. Some think NCL "nickel and dimes" you for everything. I disagree. My first NCL cruise was in April 2014 on the Jewel and I loved it. I have taken another cruise with NCL and I am looking forward to sailing on the Jade in two weeks and on the Escape in September. I like the food and entertainment much better on NCL and I am looking forward to becoming a platinum cruiser with NCL.

Kevin Sheehan will do a great job with his next job opportunity, wherever he ends up. He was successful at Telemundo and Avis / Hertz and he turned NCL around as well. I have no problem with the money paid to him when he left NCL.

[quote name='MikeWazowski']You are partly correct. Public companies limit executive compensation disclosure to that which is mandatory in their filings. There can be many non disclosed items amounting to significant dollars[/QUOTE]

That's not true. All benefits are required to be monetized and listed in the audited financial disclosures. It's listed right down to the persoanl use of the corporate jet. Audit firms require this in order to obtain their VERY important Audit Statement on the front of their financials.

[quote name='musikfans']That's not true. All benefits are required to be monetized and listed in the audited financial disclosures. It's listed right down to the persoanl use of the corporate jet. Audit firms require this in order to obtain their VERY important Audit Statement on the front of their financials.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. My only response is that my total comp is not included.