Bring your own hair dryer, ladies!

Dreamer333

They are like hotel dryers except you have to hold the button. works fine for me because i have wavy hair and just scrunch it on the cruise. It works great as a diffuser but i could not see drying your hair all the way with it.

I forgot mine on my cruise last week, which reminded me to post this thread to warn my fellow women.

;) don't forget the men, my DH uses a hair drier more than I, as I like to air dry my long hair(no natural curl so I m lucky) I often take dry shampoo and wear hats rather than spending time with my hair each day.

I take the approaching of sitting on the balcony and using the wind to dry my hair and then taming it down with a straightening iron afterwards. More pleasant than any hair dryer.

I was just on the Emerald in January. When I get home from cruises I tend to write myself notes about the cruise. This is what I wrote about the hairdryer (I had an OV room):

"Hairdryer pathetic; old and very little power. At desk attached to the wall – ‘proVersa’ brand."

Not sure if they vary from ship to ship. Will always bring my own on Princess from now on; lesson learned. :)

;) don't forget the men, my DH uses a hair drier more than I, as I like to air dry my long hair(no natural curl so I m lucky) I often take dry shampoo and wear hats rather than spending time with my hair each day.

Good point. My DH complained about it too.

At the risk of redundancy- I could breathe on my hair and have it dry faster. One the other side, I do not typically bring a one due to space and weight in my luggage.

I do bring my own (super expensive) shampoo and conditioner. I use the Go-Tubes. I did not bring it on my last cruise and Yikes!:eek: my hair was a big hot mess the whole cruise.

Nope! They're not even good for short, fine hair, still takes three times as long as a decent hairdryer.

I have short, fine hair and had no issues drying it on my last 3 Princess cruises using their hairdryers. We always stay in a suite and the shampoo and conditioner they provide is fine, so I don't have to drag that either.

Two years ago someone here posted a recommendation for a travel hair dryer. I want on Amazon and got it and now never travel without it. Its really small and the handle folds down and its really powerful for the size. Its a Babylisspro and I paid $24.99 for it. I travel a lot and hate leaving the fate of my hair to whatever hairdryer the hotel and cruise cabin might have......:eek: