Balcony room assignment

delberto

I'm new to carnival and left our balcony room assignment to them. When can we find out our room assignment. Has anyone done this and been really disappointed? I'm kinda nervous and have started to think I should have just paid more and choose my own room. Any advice/thoughts helpful.

I got my assignment 30 days before our cruise, but it seems to be kind of random. I'm OK with the assignment. It's all the way at the front of the ship but at least there are cabins above and below us.

If you're worried, you might want to go ahead and switch now while there are still cabins to choose from.

It's a little surprise. We've done it many times, when the price was irresistible. But, we are pretty easy going. Right now, awaiting assignment for our next Sunshine cruise; a balcony TBA. The time is getting short-- about 17 days now. Only cabins showing for bookings are TBA interior and three suites. Must be some upsellings in process. :)

We got a guaranty balcony on deck 11 forward last year. Great location. We felt movement but it seemed to be that way all over the boat.

I have taken a Bonine every morning for the past 5 cruises and never once had an issue with seasickness. I take it whether I need it or not. No side affects either.

So we got our room assignment but now I'm worried about being so close to the front of the boat. Has anyone got sea sick from being up front?

I can let you know next week. :) We got assigned the very first cabin in the front (basically right next to the bridge). I'm a little worried too but I brought lots of Bonine and plan to just take it once a day.

We leave tomorrow!

So we got our room assignment but now I'm worried about being so close to the front of the boat. Has anyone got sea sick from being up front?

Every time I see one of these "has anyone ever" questions :rolleyes:

Of course they have !

People get seasick on lower decks, on higher decks, in front cabins, in back cabins and in cabins in the middle of the ship.

There is more sensation of movement in extreme front or rear cabins. Will it affect you ? Time will tell.

On our last cruise that sailed on 2/14/16 we received our room assignment on 1/1/16. We did a guaranteed on three or four cruises and never had a problem with the room assignment.

Edited by JMAE

I paid the extra few dollars so I could pick my own balcony room, I like to be relatively close to the elevator/stairs which makes getting around that much easier. I had to settle for the Veranda because the Lido was sold out.

Our Sunshine, April 3, shows completely sold out. Our guaranteed balcony hasn't been assigned yet. First time we've had this happen. Several times we have had GSMs, that are friends, tell us cruises have been oversold, passengers refunded. Wonder if this is the case for this cruise? Anyone have this experience?

Our Sunshine, April 3, shows completely sold out. Our guaranteed balcony hasn't been assigned yet. First time we've had this happen. Several times we have had GSMs, that are friends, tell us cruises have been oversold, passengers refunded. Wonder if this is the case for this cruise? Anyone have this experience?

Its very very rare. Most likely they have a few cabins left over for guarantees.

If you get really lucky they will be out of balconies and have to give you a suite

Been watching pretty closely and only two or three same cabins remained all week; all suites. Now, they are gone. We're going to be talking with our PVP related to another booking later today. Maybe she has a clue, or Diamond Desk? Not too concerned, just curious.:) Thanks!

You should expect your room selection to be a function of how booked the cruise is. The more people booked, the not as good balcony available (not that there is a really bad balcony). You can check this by poking around the booking engine.

We did a balcony guarantee on the Carnival Dream and received our room assignment about 2 months before the cruise. It was an aft balcony, the type without a sofa, just the desk and chair. Still enjoyable but we preferred the sofa. Still nice to enjoy a beverage and listen to the ship move a night.

Our upcoming cruise we selected the room (balcony).

Ok, we just got back from our Victory cruise and wanted to let you know that our cabin was great. I was worried about it being all the way forward because I had a clogged ear (left over from the flu) and that can make you more seasick. But I had no problems at all. Actually, I could hardly feel the ship moving most of the time but we had really light seas. Hopefully you will have light seas too.

I liked being that far forward because it was very quiet. No kids running up and down the hall in front of the cabin. Nobody went down that far unless they needed to. :) We had a nice view of the bridge too, which was pretty cool.