Staggered boarding times, miami..

Gaprofitt

Having not cruised in almost 9 years, can someone clarify something for me? When we last sailed, we arrived at port via taxi and there was a man waiting to take our luggage. We tipped him, he tossed it in a big rolling bin, and then we walked into the building to check in.

With staggered check-in times, can we still drop our luggage with someone outside, rather than drag it all over creation? Is the rest of the check-in process the same as it has been, aside from having to arrive at a certain time?

Thanks for your help!

Having not cruised in almost 9 years, can someone clarify something for me? When we last sailed, we arrived at port via taxi and there was a man waiting to take our luggage. We tipped him, he tossed it in a big rolling bin, and then we walked into the building to check in.

With staggered check-in times, can we still drop our luggage with someone outside, rather than drag it all over creation? Is the rest of the check-in process the same as it has been, aside from having to arrive at a certain time?

Thanks for your help!

Yes that part is the same.

I'm booked on the Splendor from Miami on 10/2/16. I have not made final payment yet. I was able to select our check-in time as soon as i completed the booking & went back into my cruise manager. I booked this month just about 7 months out.

All options were available. I originally selected the 10:30am slot which I believe was the earliest. Then i thought about it & realized with 2 kids 10:30 was a bit early for us. I adjusted to 11am. This way we can get up around 830 or so & get ready. Set out for breakfast around 9 & then have time back in the room to finish packing & get a cab to port. We don't have to check out until 11am so I'd rather relax in hotel comfort than sitting at the port. I figure I'll leave a 10:30 slot for someone who really needs it.

I will note I just went back to peak out of curiosity & I no longer have the option to change our check in time. We're more than 6 months out so I'm not sure why. Fortunately I'm fine with our choice of time & we can always hang out at the hotel.

I just boarded the splendor today in Miami. They were definitely enforcing the check in times. They had a pretty good line at 11am of people just waiting to get in the building. On a good note checkin was easy. On a bad note there was once again no room for parking and had to park in a car garage, and boarding was sloooow, we waited over an hour just for zone 4 to board

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app