More of a Curiosity Question When Booking a Guarantee Stateroom

Rosethorn40

About a week ago we booked our 2nd Celebrity Cruise (But first actual sailing) for the May 1st sailing of the Summit. We got an excellent deal, but when we booked it was a guarantee stateroom. No problem, have had them in the past on other cruise lines and the cabin was usually assigned 2-7 days before sailing. Much to my surprise we were assigned a stateroom almost immediately. I am fine with the location; Deck 9, FWD. In fact I really like the location for a number of reasons.

So, my question, never having a guarantee stateroom assigned this far out before, what is the possibility it might get changed? Might I be assigned any number of staterooms between now and May 1st, or can I be fairly certain where I am is where I will stay?

No, you're there, that's it. Now if you find another stateroom on the ship, looking at their inventory, in the same category, you can change location.

We got a GTY on another M-Class ship on Deck 9 FWD, and loved the location -- one deck up to the solarium and T-Pool.

It absolutely is your cabin. Once assigned they do not move you according to the contract unless you agree. you can request a move to the exact same category. For example a C3 can only move to another C3 cabin.

Again, not absolutely true. Although in the majority of cases that I have heard and read about, once assigned your assignment is unlikely to change. However I've have read of many instances on the boards here where people have had two and three changes before they actually board, and in every case that I can recall, they were to better cabins. Last spring on the silhouette transatlantic, two sets of friends were upgraded to balcony cabins, after booking insides and originally being assigned Oceanview cabins. This happened less than 24 hours before boarding.

I am sailing Saturday and booked a guarantee a couple months ago. My cabin was assigned fairly quickly but a week or so later I was given a different cabin. It's a better cabin so I can't complain and it's the first time I've ever that happen, but it goes to show you your cabin assignment can change. In the past once I've been assigned a cabin it did not change.

Not sure this will do any good, but if you really like what you are assigned, go on-line and complete your check in. It may not help but....

I know on Royal you are allowed to move cabins within the same category (I have done this), but a Celebrity rep told me this was not possible. Anyone have any success in moving within the same category after an assignment was made?

I know on Royal you are allowed to move cabins within the same category (I have done this), but a Celebrity rep told me this was not possible. Anyone have any success in moving within the same category after an assignment was made?

Yes, in fact I've done it twice for our upcoming May sailing. I booked a guarantee ocean view statement room. Once the cabin was assigned, I requested a move within class and had no problem getting the requested cabin. After final payment, prices dropped and I upgraded to a guarantee AQUA cabin. Again I requested a change from the assigned cabin and was promptly moved to my preferred cabin.

No, you're there, that's it. Now if you find another stateroom on the ship, looking at their inventory, in the same category, you can change location.

We got a GTY on another M-Class ship on Deck 9 FWD, and loved the location -- one deck up to the solarium and T-Pool.

Exactly why I am happy with my location :)

Thank you to all the replies.

Edited by Rosethorn40

Really? Of course people have been offered better cabins. Upgrades are not forced.

There was no opportunity to turn these cabins down. Our friends simply went in to their My Celebrity and saw that their cabins had been changed. No notice, email, etc. No idea what would have happened if they had called and asked for their original cabins back, chances are they had already been assigned to somebody else. My point is that on a guarantee, there's no 'contract' that states that you're going to be kept in the same cabin you were originally assigned.

You CAN have your booking marked 'no upgrades please,' but I'm not sure how that works on a guarantee. To the OP, may be worth a try.