POA post drydock

dexddd

Looks like you are sailing a little further out (and, a bit of haze /misty ??) - lookout for sightings of the migratory Humpback whales in the waters off the coastline, we're told that the north side is their favorite playground.

When we did this in 2009, several playful dophins swam up close & alongside the ship as we're doing the slow cruising.

Edited by mking8288

Some of the prior pics were deck 13 and 14 forward which opened up today (or maybe yesterday). Brand new deck material. They are still working on 13 mid in some sections on the starboard side.

Sad to be last day on a wonderful trip. After we do the "turn" we'll pack and have Cagneys for dinner tonight. We are starting to call it the Cagney's Coma since every time we leave from lunch or dinner we are like zombies due to being stuffed with great food.

Anyone on the next trip - have a wonderful time - nothing to worry about unless you are big spa folks as that may still be out of service.

I will make sure that the Butler/Steward shows all of us how to use this Rocket Ship of a shower. LOL! Thanks for the update, you are a wealth of information.

They do a great job but I'm not sure they will want to get in the shower with you and your two sisters and show you how it works but there is a luffa and you can always ask if they'll luffa your back ala Caddyshack.

Are these new - deck 14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good questions - I can't tell as we hardly spend anytime up there on the top deck - I scrambled to find our 2009 POA collections to see if we had any snapshots, found 3 of these that, perhaps you can look & compare - (resized & condensed it so it's easier to view on a tablet and/or smartphone) ... should be zoomable

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/POA-DSC00422.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/POA-DSC00483.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/NCL%20Cruising%20-%20General/POA-DSC00484.JPG

Regardless, have a great evening & enjoy your dinner - thanks again for all the wonderful pix while sharing your journey cruising.

I am so glad that you had a great trip. You are most likely getting off the ship about now. Safe travels home.

LOL about the shower and the crew. I can't wait to see our room, it seems to me that our room is backwards in layout to yours. We only have 5 weeks to go before we find out.

They do a great job but I'm not sure they will want to get in the shower with you and your two sisters and show you how it works but there is a luffa and you can always ask if they'll luffa your back ala Caddyshack.

Seems like the color scheme is beige and LOTS of it. Is there any complimentary color on the decks? It may be deceiving but the color scheme looks kind of boring or blah. I am not a fan of Wild colors but some blues and greens might be nice.

Edited by gwsster

The work they were doing on Deck 13 Starboard and Deck 14, was it loud?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not too bad - we did hear some grinding but most of that seemed to be on 6. More of smells at time with the paint layers and little bit of the flooring material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there GR - it has been awhile. Say hi to Mr. GR. We were going to book the 6/8 now cancelled sailing and glad we didn't. We booked Paul Gauguin instead. See you are on the 6/17 sailing - have fun - I think it is around your birthday if I recall?

I'm hoping you'll be o.k. The inside of the ship here has been great - very few if any problems with things not done other than the spa which we don't use. Food overall very good and crew great.

I actually meant the 6/3 sailing.

Beautiful pictures of the ship, ssaito1. Thanks.

Someone asked about the colors used in the cabins. We did a small cabin crawl, and there seem to be a variety of color accents used. Our surite did have a basic beige carpet with a subdued floral or bamboo pattern, but the white bedding was accented with what I think would be called chartreuse green on that small cover across the bottom and a couple of pillow rolls of the same color. And there was a huge picture behind the couch of some very large and hot pink/fuschia tropical flowers. I saw turquoise green accents in some cabins. Our deck cushions were aqua.

We were on deck 11, and except for a small section near the elevators we did have the new fish pattern carpet which I thought was very beautiful. A multicolored swirl of fish in waves of different shades of blues, greens, with the occassional red "rebellious fish" going toward the aft. Glad they still have this little guy around.

I might as well add my pics to this thread....;)

Carpet on stair landings. I noticed that the carpet on the actual stair treads was a different colour depending upon whether you are Fwd, Mid or Aft. This pic is fwd stair.

I also noticed on some treads there appeared to be a seam in the carpet a few inches from the back, some of the seams already coming apart. :eek: (FWD stairs between decks 6-7)

IMG_0668_zpsn97dmmpv.jpg

The following may already be on newer ships, I wouldn't know.....

A REAL hairdryer!!! :D:D:D

IMG_0665_zpsogduehwl.jpg

Vertical rods sewn into the shower curtain to give it extra weight. No more complaints about the curtain getting stuck to one's body when showering. :p

I did not inspect it closely but assume the rods can be removed before the shower curtain is laundered.

IMG_0689_zpsh3k5mqmf.jpg