Fridge

leekristina25

Ice in a bucket!! And bring a softside cooler, keep it in the shower with ice. Will you really be spending that much time in an inside cabin?

No I don't expect us to spend very much time in the cabin at all. I'm an avid water drinker but I can drink my bottled water at room temp, no problem. But my BF has to have his Coke in the morning and will need it cold...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

you can have your steward empty the fridge "mini-bar" :confused: and stock your own items in their.

We did this for 2 different reasons:

1. I didn't want my teenagers "accidently" opening something and be charged.

2. I wanted to keep my water bottles cold.

We asked our steward and he had no problem clearing everything out that night when he did turn down service while at dinner.

Be advised though, we later found out that he just hid everything under the bed. I found this a little bit strange since some of the items were bottles of beer. I'm not a big beer drinker, but I thought that if a beer keeps going from cold-to-hot, and vice versa, it can go "bad"?

We ahd our steward empty our fridge too. We stocked water, soda and wine. The fridge was very cold, even cold enough for beer. The steward did not hide them under the bed, if he had and I had kids, I would have asked for them to be removed immediately.

I'm not a big beer drinker, but I thought that if a beer keeps going from cold-to-hot, and vice versa, it can go "bad"?

You are 100% correct. It's the reason why I won't drink anything out of the mini-bars any longer, which results in lost revenue to Carnival because some people think the mini-bar is their own personal fridge. Who knows how many times that $7 can of beer has been cooled down and warmed up so someone can put their own 12-pack of Shasha or Dr. Perky in there. I guess this is OK at the Super 8, but at any hotel I have stayed at, they would not remove the items from their mini-bar just so I can fill it with my own that I did not buy from them.

The only solutions to this problem are either start RFID items so the moment they are removed, the guest is charged, or just eliminate the mini-bars all together.

Wow..I must really be of questionable background. I never would have thought it "low class" to have the refrigerator emptied out so that I can keep Carnival purchased water bottles in there instead.

I'll see if I can work on that. :rolleyes:

Just off the Valor. We took all the mini bar stuff out and returned it at the end of the trip.

Never got really cold, top shelf better than bottom but we're talking 'chilled' not cold.

You can get ice on the Lido deck, but we asked our cabin steward for ice and he filled the bucket up twice a day and it lasted pretty long.

John said on FB last week that all fridges will now be empty.

Whoot.

Can you find that post? I was led to believe that it currently was only being tested on the Magic that it was very recent.

Just don't want to lead people on with incorrect information.

Can you find that post? I was led to believe that it currently was only being tested on the Magic that it was very recent.

Just don't want to lead people on with incorrect information.

My recollection as well, but not sure.