Anyone Ever Given "Inconvenience" Crown and Anchor Points?

I was on the Anthem cruise cut short by the storm/noro at the end of February, cruise cut to 10 nights, still got 12 nights worth of points added. Just another recent example you can use!

We were scheduled to take a 10 day cruise on Grandeur in January. Due to a huge snowstorm, the ship did not get to Baltimore till Monday (we were supposed to leave on Sunday). Our 10 day cruise now became a 9 day cruise. We were all given 10 Crown and Anchor points as though we all only had a 9 day cruise - we thought this was most kind and fair. We actually got 20 points since we were in a junior suite. Cruise fare for the day lost including port taxes and gratuities - were returned for the lost day as OBC. Also, anyone who had a beverage package was refunded for one day, as well.

These examples are different than the situation with the Empress cancellations and what the OP wants to do.

Both of these actual sailings did occur, even though not totally as planned.

Royal Caribbean cancelled our 13-day Rhapsody Hawaii cruise, and offered an 11-day on the sister ship with the price guarantee. We didn't go for it, because that 13-day Rhapsody cruise had stops in both Hilo and Kona as well as an overnight on one of the islands.

We were more concerned about the two week deadline over Thanksgiving weekend, than getting an 11 day cruise for a 13-day price. They obviously knew about the cancellation weeks before they told us. Some people on the roll call thread mentioned seeing the ship on the Asian Royal Caribbean site. And our cruise had disappeared from our book a cruise part at Royal Caribbean.

We booked the 8-day Grandeur (GS) instead. Never occurred to us to ask for the ten point difference. But all we had invested in that 13-day Rhapsody was the deposit. At least we hadn't booked airfare.

Don't worry about the lounges. They're often standing room only during cocktail hour, and the drinks aren't that good. We seldom visit the lounges every night. Sometimes, we may drop by maybe once during the cruise. No big deal. To get our Dos XX or Angry Orchard, we have to pay anyway.

Just curious, what were the circumstances behind your canceled cruise? Also, when was it and what type of voyage was it. thanks

Just curious, what were the circumstances behind your canceled cruise? Also, when was it and what type of voyage was it. thanks

From what the others that had booked our Rhapsody cruise said, this isn't unusual.

It was Rhapsody, 13-night Honolulu to Vancouver. We replaced it with Grandeur in 2014. I think we had the Rhapsody booked for the last of the season in May 2015. We heard they redeployed the ship to Asia. But at the time, people on the roll call had booked the ship all the way from Sydney, and they canceled that too. I guess in June 2014, they'd thought the ship was going to do the Alaska itinerary, but changed their mind a few months later and sent it to Asia instead.

The cruise disappeared from the Find a Cruise page in September the year before, and calls to the Diamond+ line assured me our cruise was still there. But nothing about why it had disappeared from the Find a Cruise page. I could access the Cruises page and order shore excursions (which I had already booked).

Ours was the last cruise offered for quite a while. The next batch would have populated the site several months later. And someone mentioned that it's always a risk to book the last cruise in a block like that. Because it's easier to redeploy then.

We sent a message to Adam Goldstein about they way they handled this, but other than having an assistant call saying he'd gotten the message.

They offered a tiered OBC (if rebooked by the deadline). We got the $400 for booking a GS, but I think it went down to $100 for in inside. They offered an 11-night with the price guarantee on the sister ship, which people didn't like. I think they had planned most of us to jump at the 11-night cruise instead. Pricing is so fickle. We once got a 5-day cruise in an inside that was only $20 more than the 4-day one. But the really weird thing was our TA on Legend. When the cruise populated, our JS was only $20 more than the balcony.

Empress is at most a 5-day cruise, and that's probably why they offered less OBC.

On Grandeur, we'd saved a couple of shore excursions for using our OBC onboard, and found them sold out by the time we got on the ship. So, OBC may not be as valuable as we'd like. We don't drink enough to justify the drink package. I think opted out of prepaying our gratuities that cruise, and calculated how much we had leftover for spending onboard.

Edited by knittinggirl

I think I read somewhere on these boards that Royal gave points that would of been earned when the Anthem had to come back early (full 7 day points) for the inconvenience of cutting short their trip. I don't see why Anthem passengers could be awarded points they didn't "earn", and then tell the OP they can't be awarded points that were not earned? In both of these situations, the cruise was cut short no fault of the passengers, in one case it was Royal cancelling a cruise and the other case it was mother nature shorting a cruise.

I think they should give you the benefits without actually awarding you the two points.

Personally, I don't think the benefits are worth all the trouble.

Seeking some precedent here as I fight with RC reps...

Has anyone ever received Crown and Anchor Points as compensation for a cancelled cruise?

I "was" on the April 11, 5 Day Empress that was cancelled and being "offered" to move to 4 Day Majesty. However, I needed 10 Points to make Diamond and would have had it after 5 days on Empress (Suite). Therefore, if I take 4 days Majesty I will only receive 8 points and be 2 shy. I asked the rep if they will give me 10 Points instead of 8 but she said no way will happen, never has happened.

I just don't believe her. I find it highly unlikely that Royal has never given anyone 2 bonus points for the inconvenience. And really it isn't a bonus point its the point that was orginally paid for.

Cut back on your meds, that probably won't help, but it's a start.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They were given the points based on the length of cruise that they paid for.

But was it actually paid for when the reimbursed them for the cruise? Then gave them 50% off the next cruise? Then still awarded the full points for the free cruise?

But was it actually paid for when the reimbursed them for the cruise? Then gave them 50% off the next cruise? Then still awarded the full points for the free cruise?

I see that you can look at it as if they only paid 50%. However, Royal has been consistent (I know this is a surprise, but maybe it's because it's C&A) in giving points based on the original cruise booked.

I see that you can look at it as if they only paid 50%. However, Royal has been consistent (I know this is a surprise, but maybe it's because it's C&A) in giving points based on the original cruise booked.

I agree they have been consistent, therefore, they should award OP their points based on the original cruise booked, which is 5 days. I guess they might judge each case on an individual basis. Just my thoughts!

To keep it all in perspective, on our fog cruise, when we left port on day 3, the only people that got cruise credit were those that left the ship on day two. The rest of us got no inconvenience credits, just a port fee refund for our missed port.

Game Over

Pfffffffffft. Send a letter snail mail; that still seems to work best. I would offer them the option to still price protect you on a 5 night alternative besides Majesty so you can reach the next level.

Update:

Rep said she spoke a really high manager and they said no way. So no Diamond status match with same points or no 2 additional points.

Game Over

Yeah. Not cool man. I'm in the exact same boat. Pun intended. 2 nights short than booked, in a JS. To make diamond. Was hoping for some good news from you.

Pfffffffffft. Send a letter snail mail; that still seems to work best. I would offer them the option to still price protect you on a 5 night alternative besides Majesty so you can reach the next level.

Nah, I am done trying, just gonna cancel the 4 night Majesty and all my JS cruises. My next GS or higher is November 19 ill make Diamond on that cruise. Then ill decide if I am going to stay with Royal because this is just poor customer service. Lose a client over 2 crown and anchor points.

Seeking some precedent here as I fight with RC reps...

Has anyone ever received Crown and Anchor Points as compensation for a cancelled cruise?

I "was" on the April 11, 5 Day Empress that was cancelled and being "offered" to move to 4 Day Majesty. However, I needed 10 Points to make Diamond and would have had it after 5 days on Empress (Suite). Therefore, if I take 4 days Majesty I will only receive 8 points and be 2 shy. I asked the rep if they will give me 10 Points instead of 8 but she said no way will happen, never has happened.

I just don't believe her. I find it highly unlikely that Royal has never given anyone 2 bonus points for the inconvenience. And really it isn't a bonus point its the point that was orginally paid for.

I have NEVER heard of it.. I'm sure if that was the case, thew passengers of the Anthem, would have been likely recipients..

Nah, I am done trying, just gonna cancel the 4 night Majesty and all my JS cruises. My next GS or higher is November 19 ill make Diamond on that cruise. Then ill decide if I am going to stay with Royal because this is just poor customer service. Lose a client over 2 crown and anchor points.

No one loses out by cancelling the cruises except you and that is of course your choice. It isn't as if you will NEVER again cruise on Royal, since you will go in Nov when you have a GS....and then achieve the status. I can see you cancelling Majesty cruise, and simply go on your next scheduled cruise after that and you will reach it then.

SERIOUSLY?? Chop off your nose to spite your face..

You are acting like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum, because you didn't get your way.. Do you honestly think that you are the only one with this issue?? Get over it and move on.. It could be worse.. You could be looking for family members in Brussels.. You complaint seems kind of petty now... Don't you think?? :rolleyes:

No one loses out by cancelling the cruises except you and that is of course your choice. It isn't as if you will NEVER again cruise on Royal, since you will go in Nov when you have a GS....and then achieve the status. I can see you cancelling Majesty cruise, and simply go on your next scheduled cruise after that and you will reach it then.

Yeah I know, Royal will just resell my cabins but probably make more money. But oh well, I guess I am spoiled like others are calling, we like the lounge, its part of our routine and we won't go without it. That's just us.

So we will cancel 5 JSs between now and Nov GS then see how we fell about Royal then.

SERIOUSLY?? Chop off your nose to spite your face..

You are acting like a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum, because you didn't get your way.. Do you honestly think that you are the only one with this issue?? Get over it and move on.. It could be worse.. You could be looking for family members in Brussels.. You complaint seems kind of petty now... Don't you think?? :rolleyes:

I didn't throw any tantum, yell or scream, just reporting on my results for the posters in the same position who have the same problem and for the posters that cared to know.

If you don't want to know avert your eyes.

This is petty compared to health issues in everyday life, but it doesn't detract from the business' principles and reputation. I am 31 and my mother is dead and my father has stage 3 colonrectal cancer. Does that mean I have more of a right to complain than a 31 year old with 2 healthy parents?

Conversely, if I ran a business is it okay for me to reply to an upset customer "well it could be worse, you could have cancer and die tomorrow, so stop complaining"

Can you upgrade to a GS on that first sailing that you have a JS?

All for some cheese though...c'mon.

I looked, unfortunately its way over priced.

Yeah I know, Royal will just resell my cabins but probably make more money. But oh well, I guess I am spoiled like others are calling, we like the lounge, its part of our routine and we won't go without it. That's just us.

So we will cancel 5 JSs between now and Nov GS then see how we fell about Royal then.

I know in this thread you and I have had some differing words. Perhaps if this situation wasn't so widespread, your personal outcome might have been different, especially if it could have been handled a little differently in the beginning.

From reading some of the posts relating to rebooking due to the cancellation, some people clearly had different/better results than others.

At this moment, they have given you there decision and you have made yours. Time to move on. Enjoy whatever you do next.

All of this over a piece of cheese...:cool: :rolleyes:

I know in this thread you and I have had some differing words. Perhaps if this situation wasn't so widespread, your personal outcome might have been different, especially if it could have been handled a little differently in the beginning.

From reading some of the posts relating to rebooking due to the cancellation, some people clearly had different/better results than others.

At this moment, they have given you there decision and you have made yours. Time to move on. Enjoy whatever you do next.

Never had any beef with you. I actually appreciate everything you've said thus far.

I agree with you, but I only created the thread because I was honestly surpised Royal wouldn't give crown and anchor credit for the lost night.

After reading through the replies it is clear that no one who had 5 day Empress and switched to 4 day was given Crown and Anchor credit for that lost day. Some people also on the border of Diamond as well.

So I have moved on. I could have written letters to Michael Baley and such, but I took the manager's decision and I posted here to update everyone who cared. To let them know they made no exceptions for anyone. Its done and over.