Irons?

JABrown104

Ive read that they only have irons in the laundry rooms, and im sure the lines for the iron is long! How does everyone have pressed dress shirts??? Does the Downy wrinkle release work? Or does the ship offer pressing services? TIA

piggy backing on your thread here. I hope you don't mind.

We asked our PVP about bringing a steam iron aboard and she told us, "you know you can just ask your cabin steward to bring an iron to your room and he will".

:confused::confused::confused:

I find that very hard to believe. Irons aren't allowed in baggage, so why would they allow room stewards to bring them to the cabins?

Just wondering if anybody has ever heard of this.

Yes there's a pressing service. Here's some info:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1134/kw/iron

I've seen the line for the iron, in the laundry room, get long on formal night. Actually, late afternoon on formal night. That seems to be the peak time. But if you picked a non-peak time, you could probably use the iron with no waiting. Good luck!

The trick with the laundry iron is not to wait until a few hours before dinner on formal night (or maybe any night) to iron. Go for it early in the week maybe in the morning and get it all over with. The Downy Release works but it really depends on how wrinkled your clothes are and of what material they are made. Some things can only be solved by ironing or steaming (wish we could bring a steamer).

Yes there's a pressing service. Here's some info:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1134/kw/iron

I've seen the line for the iron, in the laundry room, get long on formal night. Actually, late afternoon on formal night. That seems to be the peak time. But if you picked a non-peak time, you could probably use the iron with no waiting. Good luck!

Thanks so much!! Guess we will press hubbys dress shirts the day before formal night so we dont get stuck in a line!

Ive read that they only have irons in the laundry rooms, and im sure the lines for the iron is long! How does everyone have pressed dress shirts??? Does the Downy wrinkle release work? Or does the ship offer pressing services? TIA

We just wash our stuff and throw it in the luggage. Then we send them out once we get on board to be pressed. A lot cheaper than on land.

We have never had a problem ironing our own stuff though. Just don't wait two hours before Formal night dinner.

So much easier to pack half and wash once mid week.

The steward will tell you to use the iron in the laundry room. They do offer pressing.

Don't worry about ironing unless it's just wrecked with wrinkles. You and everyone else had to put clothes in suitcases and all know the wrinkles are from that. No one is really looking at you that closely.

We asked our PVP about bringing a steam iron aboard and she told us, "you know you can just ask your cabin steward to bring an iron to your room and he will".

IJust wondering if anybody has ever heard of this.

This was a Personal Vacation Planner (PVP)? Not doubting you but just want to be sure there is no confusion with terms. Customer service reps (CSR) are the folks that answer the 800# and TA's are third party vendors. PVP are the ones you establish a long term relationship. They are your go to person.

If it was a PVP you might want to take most anything they tell you with a grain of salt. They seem to lack a good knowledge of Carnival Cruise Line policies..

piggy backing on your thread here. I hope you don't mind.

I find that very hard to believe. Irons aren't allowed in baggage, so why would they allow room stewards to bring them to the cabins?

Just wondering if anybody has ever heard of this.

they will not. It's the outlets that can't handle the voltage in the staterooms.

I will usually hang what is slightly wrinkled in my bathroom, the steam from the shower helps it straighten and I just run my hands over it. I've honestly never used an iron on the ship!!

If I had something heavily wrinkled I'd send it off to be serviced, it isn't that expensive and I'm on vacation, gonna go have fun not slave away at laundry!

:D

they will not. It's the outlets that can't handle the voltage in the staterooms.

It is the current, not the voltage, that is dangerous. However, a steam iron does not draw significantly more current than a heavy duty hair dryer, so the outlets could handle an iron, and do so on other lines. Carnival will not allow irons in the cabins because of fire concerns, not electrical concerns.

Yes, there are irons in the laundry room. However, they get used a LOT. So there's a 50-50 chance that the iron you use may not work very well. Two other options worth considering are, # 1 Pack wrinkle free shirts, and if one happens to have a wrinkle or two, hang it up in the bathroom while the shower is on and the steam will eliminate the wrinkles. Or, option #2, have the ship's laundry service press the shirts for you (it's a nominal charge), and have it done the day BEFORE you need it. As an additional side note, Downy Wrinkle Release works, but if you take a bottle, be sure to pack it in a ziplock bag. The first time we took a bottle, we didn't put it in a ziplock bag, and it leaked in the suitcase. It took three days for the suitcase to dry out, but the suitcase had a nice April fresh smell. :rolleyes::D