Can babies/toddlers go in pools?

kbset

Nope. We're in the same boat- sailing with an 11 month old in May. I'm bringing a tiny blow up bathtub that I may bring to the deck so she can slash around a bit. [emoji4]

I believe they've added those to the banned list for that reason. I'm sure I saw that either here or on Carnivals website. No blow up pools on deck.

I wish they did have a kiddie pool for little ones. I could take my son this year.

I believe they've added those to the banned list for that reason. I'm sure I saw that either here or on Carnivals website. No blow up pools on deck.

I wish they did have a kiddie pool for little ones. I could take my son this year.

Ugg really? I had no idea. [emoji53] If nothing else we have swim days in all of the ports aside from one so she'll get her chance to swim off the ship.

They really need to make a splash area for babies in diapers.

Health regulations do not allow for a kiddie pool for non-potty trained children. The only option would be a spray area with non-standing water and a highly specialized filtration system.

DCL has one on each of their ships - on the old ships, it's a very small area but on the DCL Dream and Fantasy, it's a lovely Nemo themed area.

Yes, the cruises on DCL cost more but that's one of the *added little things* that every DCL cruiser pays for in the increased fares.

New to Carnival and hubby and I were wondering what ships (if any) have a pool area for un-potty trained babies/toddlers that wear swim diapers. Thank you!
Hello ! Actually they can't, but some of the ships have water works the little ones can splash around in and they love it ! FYI they also need to be potty trained to participate in Camp Ocean but not for night owls. Night owls is for after 10pm.. they will babysit kids 6 months to 12 years of age, but for a fee of $6 something PLUS gratuity. Edited by CruisinHelloKitty

FYI they also need to be potty trained to participate in Camp Ocean but not for night owls. .

Perhaps this has changed since you sailed. Per Carnivals FAQ:

Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to take part in Camp Carnival or take part of the Night Owls services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child. However, children over the age of 3 will not be changed by the Youth Staff. The parents will be provided with a beeper/telephone and must return when paged to sign the child out of activities and change them. The child may then return to activities.

what ships (if any) have a pool area for un-potty trained babies/toddlers that wear swim diapers. Thank you!

The only two cruise lines that I know of that will allow kids in swim diapers are Disney and Royal Caribbean. You need to check the specific ship as well since not all of them have the separately filtered and treated water.

Not encouraging you to do so because of obvious health reasons, but don't be surprised if you see parents with their diaper aged kids splashing at regular pools.

Hello ! Actually they can't, but some of the ships have water works the little ones can splash around in and they love it ! FYI they also need to be potty trained to participate in Camp Ocean but not for night owls. Night owls is for after 10pm.. they will babysit kids 6 months to 12 years of age, but for a fee of $6 something PLUS gratuity.

Non-potty trained children cannot go into any pool or splash area on Carnival ships.

In addition to DCL, the RCI Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum class ships have baby-only splash areas.

I just corresponded with the USPH, who make the regulations regarding children in diapers and the requirements for baby-only pools, and I mentioned to them that the Oasis class ships have a 2" deep area for the baby-only, and this was allowed during construction on safety reasons, where the line and shipyard were afraid of babies burning their feet on the wet splash pad, and the pad being slippery when entering/exiting. USPH is updating their construction and operations guidelines, and he mentioned that this would be under review.

The only two cruise lines that I know of that will allow kids in swim diapers are Disney and Royal Caribbean. You need to check the specific ship as well since not all of them have the separately filtered and treated water.

Not encouragiang you to do so because of obvious health reasons, but don't be surprised if you see parents with their diaper aged kids splashing at regular pools.

And when brought to the attention of the appropriate crew members ( not the drinks guy), the pool will be immediately vacated and emptied.

Perhaps this has changed since you sailed. Per Carnivals FAQ:

Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to take part in Camp Carnival or take part of the Night Owls services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child. However, children over the age of 3 will not be changed by the Youth Staff. The parents will be provided with a beeper/telephone and must return when paged to sign the child out of activities and change them. The child may then return to activities.

Oh, my apologies, there have been many changes.. But I do know they stopped calling it Camp Carnival, it is now Camp Ocean :D

Non-potty trained children cannot go into any pool or splash area on Carnival ships.

In addition to DCL, the RCI Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum class ships have baby-only splash areas.

I just corresponded with the USPH, who make the regulations regarding children in diapers and the requirements for baby-only pools, and I mentioned to them that the Oasis class ships have a 2" deep area for the baby-only, and this was allowed during construction on safety reasons, where the line and shipyard were afraid of babies burning their feet on the wet splash pad, and the pad being slippery when entering/exiting. USPH is updating their construction and operations guidelines, and he mentioned that this would be under review.

Again, my bad.. I am just saying what I saw on the recent cruises I have been on, even as recent as last week. Maybe each ship is different but I saw many people with small toddlers walking around with them in the splashing area.; workers were present but didn't say a word, for some reason.

Oh, my apologies, there have been many changes.. But I do know they stopped calling it Camp Carnival, it is now Camp Ocean :D

Camp Ocean and Camp Carnival both still exists. Both kids programs but different orientations. Camp Ocean is centered around ocean themes. Decor is different. You can earn badges. It's a little more educational. It also includes Seusville. Camp Carnival is the traditional camp and is still present on many Carnival ships. My kids have experienced both.

Not on all ships.

My post was copy and pasted directly from Carnivals website. Carnival still refers to the children's program in many of their publications as Camp Carnival.

It is called Camp Carnival on Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Legend, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Pride, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Valor and Carnival Victory.

It is Camp Ocean on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Vista.

Again, my bad.. I am just saying what I saw on the recent cruises I have been on, even as recent as last week. Maybe each ship is different but I saw many people with small toddlers walking around with them in the splashing area.; workers were present but didn't say a word, for some reason.

There is a sign in the splash area that says they must be potty-trained - No swim diapers allowed. Some people either do't read the sign or just ignore it.

We were on a cruise where it was reported, and they closed the pool, emptied it and scrubbed. We were basically without the pool for almost an entire sea-day. Lots of comments were made to the parents of the two toddlers. Which they should have been

The Splendor had a very nice splash park i took my baby brother to each sea day, he loved it. No standing water just water jets all over

edit: I didn't realize toddlers weren't allowed in the splash area on the Splendor, I didn't see a sign saying no diapers, and not one employee said anything on the entire 7 day cruise and the place was packed with kids in diapers.

Edited by missy428

It's difficult to watch other kids enjoy the pools while refraining from partaking in that enjoyment yourself and denying it to your young child. It's all for the greater good though. I suggest taking full advantage of the shallow beaches at the ports instead. They're much better anyway!

It's difficult to watch other kids enjoy the pools while refraining from partaking in that enjoyment yourself and denying it to your young child. It's all for the greater good though. I suggest taking full advantage of the shallow beaches at the ports instead. They're much better anyway!

If you think your child is missing out on some fun, sure it can be difficult.

If you think you're keeping your child safe from infectious disease, it's pretty easy.